Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turbocharger...Exducer, Minor Diameter and Major diameter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbocharger...Exducer, Minor Diameter and Major diameter.

http://majesticturbo.com/summary-1.html

Shouldn't the Exducer diameter be the same as the Major diameter. I thought those were two different names for the same measurement.

Just like Inducer and minor diameter are the same measurement with a different name.

If so is the stage 3:
    Inducer : 2.229"
    Exducer: 2.559"

Someone correct me if im wrong here.
    ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

I didnt read the link, but it depends on which wheel you are talking about. the exducer is the major diameter on the compressor wheel. but on the exhaust wheel, the major would be the inducer and the minor would be the exducer.

Edit - No, the way they label them is correct.
    "Simplify and add lightness."
    "Adding power makes you faster in a straight. Losing weight makes you faster everywhere."

Comment

Merovingian wrote: I didnt read the link, but it depends on which wheel you are talking about. the exducer is the major diameter on the compressor wheel. but on the exhaust wheel, the major would be the inducer and the minor would be the exducer.

Edit - No, the way they label them is correct.
      He is right, whoever he is?
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

A poor attempt at a character from the Matrix possibly.

Yes, yes I remember now. I forgot that the Major and Minor were different depending on which wheel you were talking about.

I had a momentary lapse in brain computing ability..It has since returned.
        ""You gota watch out in this weather. Its when them white boys with their turbos come out to play" Mr. Rimpson - UTI Instructor, refering to a slightly damp 50 degree day.

Comment

Working...
        X