turbo clocking???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo clocking???

i'm about ready to reassemble my turbo. does anyone have a picture of a stock T3 with it clocked in the right way????

thanks.

i'll post up some pictures of my rebuild. i also am polishing the compressor side so i have some more bling under the hood. i still need a few seals and then i i'll be done with it.

it was actually very easy to do. i was amazed.

If your engine is a 90 degree v6 and you want the turbo outlet to be parallell to the ground then you would have to set the exhaust inlet of the turbo at a 45 degree angle(assuming the manifold is at the same angle as the engine ops: ) and then set the compressor outlet at a 90 degree angle from perpendicular to the ground. Does that make any sence?

If that doesnt sound like a good idea to you, then you can leave one bolt snug on both the exhuast housing and the comp housing, mock it up, adjust it where it needs to be, lock the two snug bolts down, pull it out and then tighten the rest of them up. It is a bitch to do while in the car.

NOTE: MAKE SURE YOUR OIL INLET IS AS STRAIGHT UP AND DOWN AS POSSIBLE!
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I referenced my new one to the stock one I pulled out.

The oil inlet will be directly across from one of the bolt-holes in the exhaust housing, just a bit towards the frame-rail side from the exhaust inlet. Match those two up, then figure out how you want the compressor clocked, if it's stock, I'd clock it in with the wastegate actuator attached, should get you dead-on if not close enough.
      vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
      2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

thanks.

i forgot about the wastegate actuator. dope. ops:

thanks.

Comment

Working...
        X