No announcement yet.

600HP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree -- DIY is the only way to go.. my job pays stupid money and i still do everything myself... I don't actually own the 300zx i'm doing, the customer i have is, well... economically challenged and i enjoy the learning experience so i try and do everything the cheapest way. The more you do it yourself the more you learn and the greater the sense of accomplishment you have.
    8.5 custom arias pistons (.020 over)
    eagle rods
    t70 turbo (man was that a squeeze)
    38 mm external wastegate
    mild port/polish
    3 angle valve job
    custom intercooler piping
    twin external intakes with z32 maf
    rad moved back
    3" exhaust with only a resonator
    romulator
    420cc injectors
    custom body work, homemade oil lines and fittings..
    walbro 255lph in-line fuel pump.... and lots of headaches... lol

Comment

Yeah, I was going to say '600, with a stock turbine housing?' but that's already been answered. ;D

Viewing the way power comes in on the various dyno's that have been published, t4 turbines are WAYYY too laggy for my taste, stg3 t3's look like a very good choice for response, and the stg5 isn't documented enough.

I'll be getting some dyno's in on my car if the turbo comes back and lasts more than a test drive, but the 33 probably shouldn't be used to compare boost response against the 30.
      vg33et -blew some chunks outta it, then gave it all away.
      2009 370z touring/nav/sports

Comment

how much is this all costing him/you?

Comment

z31tfo wrote: how much is this all costing him/you?
          Not costing me a thing, he's spending the money regardless so I'm finding the best deals on parts for him.

Lets see. By the time the bottom end gets out of RPM Perf, and the heads get back from finnish line it should be right around $2700 for the complete engine. Add on the turbo (he decided on stage 5 and 60-1 compressor) and IC (true spearco 2-221) with piping, fuel injectors, maf and ECU and you have another $2000. Then he still needs a flywheel and clutch, plenum, plus any other small stuff. About $5000 for the total build is a fair estimate.

The paint job is going to be easily half that price, so that's really not bad.

Comment

^I just hope he knows what a great deal he is getting.

Of course most of us spend more money doing things a little at a time but still, $5K or even $6K for that setup is sweet.

btw- paint doesn't make the car faster or handle better. Street beauty is worth nothing at the end of the day. (this coming from a guy who has a car that needs some serious paint work :? ) but its true....
            Just stand back and throw money.
            Performance costs money.
            Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

OR-Zman wrote: ^I just hope he knows what a great deal he is getting.

Of course most of us spend more money doing things a little at a time but still, $5K or even $6K for that setup is sweet.

btw- paint doesn't make the car faster or handle better. Street beauty is worth nothing at the end of the day. (this coming from a guy who has a car that needs some serious paint work :? ) but its true....
              I agree, lots of people don't get it... but I think about it like this: It will be a beautiful 500+HP car he will be able to reliably drive on summer weekends for the next 20 years!

As far as paint... for now I am primering it black so it's one color at least. Needs a little more body work, but this is about how it looks now:

http://www.redz31.com/images/popa86t/tehpopa1.JPG

~120K on it (86T), from texas so it's totally rust free. MINT black interior with leather, plans on an analog swap, etc etc.

Comment

Front bumper

Hey Jason,

different topic, but refers to the photo of that project car.
                On this photos the lower part of the front bumper (which looks still unpainted) seems to be a nice aftermarket thing. Where can i get that for how much money? On both of mine 87´er Turbos this part of the front bumper is damaged and costs around $450 per piece here in germany.

Dino

Comment

yeah... she will be a beautiful lil' thing when she is finished, and it will be packing under the hood too... lol on lucky kid :P

Comment

the shiro lip was a nissan special edition part, the tbo lip is very similar with just a touch more lip to it..... their owner's don't make either anymore

you can still get reproductions from http://www.garymolitor.com

Comment

Took some pictures of his 86T tonight.

I ran out of primer.

Primer look is IN.

Sorry it was so dark out.

Comment

The scoop and lip will really look nice when she is all done. 8)
                        Just stand back and throw money.
                        Performance costs money.
                        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I like the scoop looks very nice. Is that garymolitor scoop. :idea:
                          1988 SS TURBO BEING RESTORE.
                          http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2238220

Comment

mario88ss wrote: I like the scoop looks very nice. Is that garymolitor scoop. :idea:
                            Yes, and his MFP TBO front lip too.

Comment

A few more glamor shots, still need to touch up the finish in spots. I never thought black primer could look so good on a Z31. He is having trouble deciding on what color to finally go with, I don't blame him. Can someone photoshop this a few different colors for me? Stock red, maybe gloss black, dark silver... etc.

Comment

I dont have a picture of it, but the 200ZR factory black is very nice. It's a metallic black/gun metal grey color and really pops in the sunlight... I'll try and get the color code of my mate who owns it.
                                88T => 300zxt

http://www.300zxt.com

Comment

Working...
                                X