600HP?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 600HP?

Sneak peak of the engine I am building for tehpopa86t's car. Like I've been saying, this thing is going to be capable of making some serious power. Just starting on this build, should be done by the end of the summer.

Bottom end:
    BRC pistons; 8.5:1, .040 overbore
    Z32 rods
    ARP main studs and rod bolts
    Nissan OEM bearings

Top end:

Race ported heads
    Ferrea super-flo forged stainless valves
    Schneider cams
    Schneider valve springs
    Ported lower intake, etc etc.

I wish I could just stick this engine in my car ops:

Sweet

what turbo?

Comment

I knew someone was going to ask that.

He's thinking stage 5 turbine and 60-1 compressor (should flow close to 600HP at the max) and he has it already.

I'm telling him T66.

Comment

If i had a built motor i would never run a 60-1 or a stock turbine housing for that matter. If i had a built motor i would be going external wastegate with a huge ass turbo, T70, or how about a HX35 turbine with a HX50 compressor on it? lol. a HX50/55 flows 99 lb/min hahaha

Comment

why are you building HIS motor? Seems like you just keep holding his hand to me.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
          1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
          1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
          2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
          2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

Thats going to be a beast.

Comment

roastin300 wrote: If i had a built motor i would never run a 60-1 or a stock turbine housing for that matter.
              Who said he was using a stock turbine housing? IMO anything over a stage 3 in the stock turbine housing is just losing more and more efficiency the bigger you go. Boring out a turbine housing is anything but ideal for boost response, he'll be running a turbonetics 5 bolt housing.

And well, with a goal is 'only' 500whp, he wants to drive it for a very long time with no worries and have quick spool for driving around town. It's not a race car, and with that much power I can vouch for it being almost uncontrollable below ~50mph anyway.

Taris Blue wrote:
              why are you building HIS motor? Seems like you just keep holding his hand to me.
              Well, you should know his car has also been sitting at my house for almost two years. I've done 99% of the work on it this far. When someone works 70+ hour weeks and is ragingly addicted to WoW, it's a lot easier for them to just have someone else do it, which I don't mind doing anyway. Building engines is a good passtime; it gets me away from the computer at least :?

Comment

Dude, WOW is like crack.
                I don't see my neighbors for weeks at a time because of WOW,
                and they're my inlaws!

Building engines is a good passtime; it gets me away from the computer at least
                yeah, the weekend nights are a tossup, play Tribes 1 or go down to my cramped garage and work on the car.

Solution:

I'm building a spare computer for the garage!

I would have serious attachment issues if i built-up a car like you're doing.
                I enjoy building stuff, its just that i want to keep it when i'm done :lol:

84 AE/Shiro #683/Shiro #820/84 Turbo

Comment

Z_Karma wrote: Dude, WOW is like crack.
                  ok, what the hell is WOW?
                  2005 whore magnet

Comment

[quote]SteveZ31 wrote:
                    Originally posted by Z_Karma
                    Dude, WOW is like crack.
                    ok, what the hell is WOW?
                    I googled it and World of Warcraft is #1

Comment

lol, I was wondering the same; thought I was slow.

Comment

You f ucking old fogies....get with the program!!

:wink:
                        It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

Sorry, yeah... WoW is World of Warcraft... it's the most addictive game ever created and tends to consume people'e entire life once they start playing it. I can't play games like that anymore; I can't stand what they do to me.

Oh, and on a side note tehpopa is lending a hand with the build when he can. He does not even have a garage or a place to store a non-running car, so even if he wanted to build it entirely by himself it would be kind of hard. How many people just take the parts and engine to a machine/performance shop and say "build it"? Then all they do is write a fat check for everything. At least he's deciding on what parts to use, helping in the process, and will get a pretty darn good learning experience out of it.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Sorry, yeah... WoW is World of Warcraft... it's the most addictive game ever created and tends to consume people'e entire life once they start playing it. I can't play games like that anymore; I can't stand what they do to me.

Oh, and on a side note tehpopa is lending a hand with the build when he can. He does not even have a garage or a place to store a non-running car, so even if he wanted to build it entirely by himself it would be kind of hard. How many people just take the parts and engine to a machine/performance shop and say "build it"? Then all they do is write a fat check for everything. At least he's deciding on what parts to use, helping in the process, and will get a pretty darn good learning experience out of it.
                            I hate that, no matter how much money I ever have I will always be a "Do it yourselfer"

Comment

Well, you should know his car has also been sitting at my house for almost two years. I've done 99% of the work on it this far. When someone works 70+ hour weeks and is ragingly addicted to WoW, it's a lot easier for them to just have someone else do it, which I don't mind doing anyway. Building engines is a good passtime; it gets me away from the computer at least

*Fun stuff...as long as there is enough money to justify the time....I agree.
                              ahhhh...project '88t......

[/i]
                              I am here to help...

Comment

Working...
                              X