No announcement yet.

Just got my degreeing wheel today YAY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just got my degreeing wheel today YAY!

Now with that and the dial indicator bracket that I made for the dial indicator I can find my EXACT TDC and then degree in my cams too! Oh I guess I need some slide adjustable came gears for that first :cry: Maybe xmas I can get those instead of my sammich!

If anyone is iterested in how to find you exact top dead center I can do a write up. The info is all over the place out ther but not on this site. Why this is a must for the serious engine builder is that with this measuring device you can find your exact top dead center. your stock indicator MAY not be 100% accurate! or in my case its just GONE all together, so a new one is needed. Not to mention once you know your TDC you can see how far off your stock cams are with a dial indicator. If I do a write up it will include how to do that as well. Or you could just do a search on degreeing your cams :roll:

Pic
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Good stuff!
    Mabye put marks on the upper timing cover and the gears to inspect with a timing light.
    That s right you dont have a cover on.
    imagination is a virtue

Comment

craZed wrote: Good stuff!
      Mabye put marks on the upper timing cover and the gears to inspect with a timing light.
      That s right you dont have a cover on.
      Nope but once I figure it out again I can make new marks and then use a timing light.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
      X