Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ahh, i seen what you are saying

I stand corrected

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
      Originally posted by MrwassmanNA2T
      I have seen crank pullies with balance holes in them... stock
      Yeah I understand what you are saying, MINE has balancing holes in it. But thats what I'm sayin, they balance it like a wheel on a car. It doesnt have to be atatched to the engine. Its a round rotating piece.

They do it independent from the crank just like they put the wheel and tire on a machine to balance it then throw it back on the car.
      Yes, the engine is both internally and externally balanced. Not just externally like a lot of older engines. This means that the rotating assembly is balanced, then flywheel and crank pulley are each balanced on their own.

To answer the questions about the UR pulley... I heard claims of 12hp on a stock turbo car, and I would believe it. The two people I have installed one of these for have loved the difference it made, and had no electrical or power steering comments. On my own car, the biggest difference is in engine response at all RPM. It pulls harder, faster, lower...

The machine shop I had balance my rotating assembly also did the flywheel and the UR pulley. The UR was in almost perfect balance, but the flywheel with pressue plate was 14 grams out of balance. So the short story here is the UR pulley is pretty close to begin with, and always have your flywheel/pp balanced when you replace them with new parts.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: The UR was in almost perfect balance, but the flywheel with pressue plate was 14 grams out of balance. So the short story here is the UR pulley is pretty close to begin with, and always have your flywheel/pp balanced when you replace them with new parts.
        Was that your Fidanza flywheel? and which clutch?

Crap...I just put the engine/trans in my 85. I didn't even think about getting them balanced. Damn...
        Just stand back and throw money.
        Performance costs money.
        Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Working...
        X