quick question about NA2T

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• quick question about NA2T

What do I do about all this vacuum operated stuff? I've heard you can get away without using the vacuum pump by using a typical little check valve in the vacuum line. My question is where do i put said valve? Which vacuum lines will need one? I would assume the line running through the firewall on the right side will need one, but i'm really not sure where i'm supposed to put these things...
    My beloved Z:1987 2+2 NA2T w/30a swap.
    My black sheep: 88ss parts car (pretty much stripped and gone)
    207k miles and counting. Turbo'd since 155k.

The firewall one for sure put a one way valve on it gives your heater stuff its vaccum. I would also put on on the heater valve.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: The firewall one for sure put a one way valve on it gives your heater stuff its vaccum. I would also put on on the heater valve.
      Prolly need one on the brake booster. Dont know if the NA's come with one. Dont think they would need it though
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

My brakes still work. But sometimes i have fun and pump them like 5 times and my car almost dies

Comment

SATAN wrote: Prolly need one on the brake booster. Dont know if the NA's come with one. Dont think they would need it though
          Ya, there is a brake booster on the NAs. It feeds directly to the intake plenum. Hmmm...on the turbo does the vac come from the vac canister?

Az4u2c- Just adding a check valve or 5 wont take care of the issue. Adding a vacuum pump would probably be a good idea but you also will have a constant vacuum between the intake filter and the turbo inlet. It is pretty easy to tap into an intake pipe with vacuum fittings. I used fittings from Vibrant but I am sure there are many others out there.

Climate control, brakes, FPR, Cruise if installed, Smog crap if installed, evap canister crap if installed. I suppose it really just depends on what you are leaving in tact. So there is the question really...
          Just stand back and throw money.
          Performance costs money.
          Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

[quote]OR-Zman wrote:
            Originally posted by SATAN
            Prolly need one on the brake booster. Dont know if the NA's come with one. Dont think they would need it though
            Ya, there is a brake booster on the NAs. It feeds directly to the intake plenum. Hmmm...on the turbo does the vac come from the vac canister?

Az4u2c- Just adding a check valve or 5 wont take care of the issue. Adding a vacuum pump would probably be a good idea but you also will have a constant vacuum between the intake filter and the turbo inlet. It is pretty easy to tap into an intake pipe with vacuum fittings. I used fittings from Vibrant but I am sure there are many others out there.

Climate control, brakes, FPR, Cruise if installed, Smog crap if installed, evap canister crap if installed. I suppose it really just depends on what you are leaving in tact. So there is the question really...
            HAHAHAHAHA I know the NA came with brake boosters LOL I just meant the check valve that goes inbetween the plenum and the booster.

Comment

When are you needing the brakes at boost situations?

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: When are you needing the brakes at boost situations?
                If you are a pro drifter duh!

No but really, do you want positive pressure going to the booster? The turbo models come stock with a check valve inbetween the booster and the plenum.

Comment

crazy, i wonder what it is doin to mine? It has some little doo-hicky inbetween

Edit: picture http://wass.andrevas.net/bareblock.jpg

Comment

hehehe...sorry man, I misunderstood. :? That was kind of funny though.

Just curious though. So the Turbo and NAs grab vac for the brake booster from the same location? Not something I ever had to think about before. Interesting. Apparently it works fine for both applications though.
                    Just stand back and throw money.
                    Performance costs money.
                    Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: crazy, i wonder what it is doin to mine? It has some little doo-hicky inbetween
                      doo-hicky??? its just two hoses and a valve inbetween. I dont get it.

I dont know if running pressure to the booster is a BAD thing but I cant imagine running 20psi to it being a good thing.

HAHAHAHA just saw the pic! yeah thats the check valve! pull it off and blow through it!

Comment

gangsta language... duh

Comment

every NA i have seen has a check valve on the brake booster line.. in fact i cant think of ANY car off hand that i have seen that doesnt have one..

Comment

Chris86NA2T wrote: every NA i have seen has a check valve on the brake booster line.. in fact i cant think of ANY car off hand that i have seen that doesnt have one..
                            Hmm, but why on NA's? I cant see a reason for needing it? Booster works off of vacume which is allways happening on an NA so....?

Comment

WOT= 0 vacuume. They use check valves so you have assist in the event of a sudden stop.

Comment

Working...
                              X