Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My fuel pump is LOUD. What can I do to make it quiet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My fuel pump is LOUD. What can I do to make it quiet?

I have a z32tt fuel pump and it is rediculously loud. What can I do to shut it up?

If nothing, what is the quietest (on average) high flow pump?
    2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

you could install a low volume pump from a 1.6L toyota corolla

Comment

Keep a full tank.
        imagination is a virtue

Comment

Comment

no prob inside of the car with noise, but the electronic whine is crazy loud on the outside rear area. Any impressions on the Walbro?
            2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

walbro`s can be loud too

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
              good thing....

Comment

Comment

My wlabro is zip-tied to the cage in the tank. It makes almost no noise whatsoever. It's as quiet as stock.

When I heard the Z32 pump Dan had in the black 87T he is working on, I about shit myself. I could probably hear it a quarter mile away.

Who knows how much of this is install method and how much is the individual pump, or even the pump type?

I have seen people use rubber hose around the outside of the pump like the stock one's isolators, and then use plastic zip ties to attach it to the cage, not metal hose clamps.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: My wlabro is zip-tied to the cage in the tank. It makes almost no noise whatsoever. It's as quiet as stock.
                    I did the same when I had my Walbro, and it was as least as quiet as the stock pump.
                    2005 whore magnet

Comment

[quote]SteveZ31 wrote:
                      Originally posted by Jason84NA2T
                      My wlabro is zip-tied to the cage in the tank. It makes almost no noise whatsoever. It's as quiet as stock.
                      I did the same when I had my Walbro, and it was as least as quiet as the stock pump.
                      Same here, but noisy.
                      imagination is a virtue

Comment

My brothers Walbro may be a little louder then stock but it's still rather quiet...
                        " I don't want to come off sounding butt-hurt, but I really loathe most cressida owners and I'm glad I soiled their platform with a Nissan dinosaur under the hood." - Butter
                        LaterZ

Comment

Signal 12 wrote: I have a z32tt fuel pump and it is rediculously loud. What can I do to shut it up?

If nothing, what is the quietest (on average) high flow pump?
                          Just a thought, but how many miles were on that pump before you put it in? Was the noise always there
                          or is it getting worse?
                          I know that with these Z32/Q45 pumps when it starts making rediculous noise like that it means its on it's way out...
                          just a thought!
                          http://www.vgpowered.com
                          Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

Signal,
                            The pump is mounted with the stock rubber insulators. I was pretty suprised by how loud it was myself. I've heard the same noise on a z32 before so I guess its somewhat normal. Walbros are generally quieter than your pump so that could be an option.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. The pump was used when I got it, that may be part of the prob.

Stinky wrote: Signal,
                              The pump is mounted with the stock rubber insulators. I was pretty suprised by how loud it was myself. I've heard the same noise on a z32 before so I guess its somewhat normal. Walbros are generally quieter than your pump so that could be an option.
                              right on man. During round 2 we'll swap it out.
                              2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Working...
                              X