Lifters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifters

I have looked online and on Z31 and can't find any information about rebuilding lifters. Can it be done? IF so what is the procedure? I found one site that rebuilds lifters for the VG30 your core for $3.50 each. Does anyone have a good place to get them done?
    ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Re: Lifdters

Russ84na wrote: I have looked online and on Z31 and can't find any information about rebuilding lifters. Can it be done? IF so what is the procedure? I found one site that rebuilds lifters for the VG30 your core for $3.50 each. Does anyone have a good place to get them done?
    You get a c-clamp, compress the thing, get a small tool to take a c clip off, and then let it loose. There's a write-up somewhere on the intarweb, all with nice pictures.
    BLOZ UP.com
    It is not recommended to confirm proper installation by driving into walls or other barriers as this could cause personal injury or damage to the vehicle.

Comment

There is a set of brand new lifters on ebay somewere.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I'm curious how many "bad" lifters are actually a semi-plugged lifter tray...

since the pressurized oil goes into the tray and then in and around the portholes on the lifters, mine was covered in burnt oil but the inside was clean funny that

Comment

When i switched to castrol synthetic, it went from all black sight looking into the oil cap hole, to all aluminum and perfection.

A clogged lifter = what?
          To little lift
          or
          Holding the valve open and burning it?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Here ya go

http://www.300zxrestoration.com/lifterrebuild.html

Comment

Re: Here ya go

Thanks, that is what I was looking for. I'll give it a try.
              ...and how much HP do you have at 0 boost

Comment

Working...
              X