Turbo Size

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turbo Size

im looking for a turbo and i found this turbo for a cheap price in my area. im looking to keep the turbo in the stock location. and i know this size is probually pushing it but just wondering if it would fit?

T60-1 70 trim .70ar cold side and .82 hot side 2.5" charge outlet and 4" air inlet

Yes it will fit

as long as it is a T3 flange
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

What he said, but that's a monster! How cheap is cheap?

Comment

Dweezil wrote: What he said, but that's a monster! How cheap is cheap?
        I dont know about "monster" but I would say its a well sized turbo for a fairly built VG.

Comment

I've always considered a 60-1 a pretty serious compressor, but your right it's not that bad on a built motor.

Comment

I can get the turbo for $350. with 10 hours on the turbo....

Comment

As long as you understand that you will have to fabricate the inlet and outlet pipes. And expect it to be a bit laggy, especially with cams.

BUT that is not always a bad thing. It will make good power on a VG and properly setup will yield a very fast car.
              http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Steve88t wrote: As long as you understand that you will have to fabricate the inlet and outlet pipes. And expect it to be a bit laggy, especially with cams.

BUT that is not always a bad thing. It will make good power on a VG and properly setup will yield a very fast car.
                and he will have to do a custom down pipe along with an external waste gate. All of which are good things.

Comment

just expensive things.

what is the cheapest external wastegate out there? but from a reliable company?

GReddy's are all around $800-1000.

i haven't looked into HKS or APexi but i'm sure they are similar.

Comment

84z31 wrote: just expensive things.

Uh what size? you can get a 38mm Tial for cheap. And yes the actual Tials are a very good brand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NW-Tial- ... 9284QQrdZ1

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
                      Originally posted by 84z31
                      just expensive things.

Uh what size? you can get a 38mm Tial for cheap. And yes the actual Tials are a very good brand.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NW-Tial- ... 9284QQrdZ1
                      Tial is the way to go
                      2005 whore magnet

Comment

Comment

zmech wrote: I agree with Satan on the Tial. But why not go a bit bigger than 38mm if you are going through the trouble of putting one on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tial-...QQcmdZViewItem
                          Oh yeah he can go bigger. That was just the very first example I found of a Tial waste gate under 800 dollars like 84z31 said. Theres also this 44mm that will probably end up going for like 350 or so.
                          http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Tial-Spo ... enameZWDVW

Its kinda hard to go too big on a waste gate too. The bigger the wastegate the easier it is for it to controll boost. Even if you get a 60mm it just means it has to open and close less than a smaller one.

Comment

i had been reading tials website but i couldn't find any prices. good to know.

Comment

Dweezil wrote: What he said, but that's a monster! How cheap is cheap?
                              That is considered a pretty damn small turbo. A 60-1 is not a great turbo.

I think a T61E or T61S with a .68AR hot side is perfect for a street driven Z. A GT35R has the exact same compressor size (61mm).

A greddy T04R is a garret T67 with a different compressor housing (still a 67mm inducer)
                              A T04Z is a DBB (dual ball bearing) T67

A T67 is a moderate sized turbo, great for powerful street driven 3.0-3.5L engines.

anything larger than 71mm is a bit laggy, but makes huge power.

To put it into perspective... 1sickZ had a 67mm turbo. I've never really seen anyone use a larger turbo on a street Z31. Everyone thinks that any T4 turbo is HUGE, where in fact many T4 turbos will hardly support 400whp. I'll be using a T61S, as I think this will be the easiest way to make 400whp on pump gas, and over 500whp on C16. I believe a holset HX35 is around a 57mm inducer, which is actually very small. A 60-1 is a small turbo and inefficient compaired to the garret T series.

I would never bother with anything smaller than a 61mm turbo if I am buying it new.
                              86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

Working...
                              X