No announcement yet.

Oil cooler kits

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The turbo oil pumps have a higher pressure setting than NA from the factory, and I believe the turbo automatics were a little higher than standard turbos? As far as volume they should be at least close to the same because the gear is the same, it's just the spring in the pressure regulator that sets how much pressure the pump puts out.

Comment

I found this oil cooler off an Audi turbo at the junkyard for $12. I comes with stainless steel braided lines too. Its just as beefy as the stockers. Its gonna be mounted in the same location as stock. Just have to get some more hosing to finish the job.

And I picked up an universal oil filter sandwich adapter made by Perm-Cool from SummitRacing.com for $25.

I did have to smooth out the inlet and outlet ports after the threads though because the quality of the "machine work". Just imagine a wall that the oil smashes in and out of the adapter.

This also helps bring the oil filter away from the block making it easier to get a hold of without touching the manifold.
      [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
      [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
      2000 Porsche Boxster
      2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

At first glance that oil cooler doesn't look like it would be as efficient as the stock one...
        http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

If the oil cooler is installed on a modified NA engine will there be enough pressure from the regulator to gain enough efficiency? Would the turbo manual regulator spring yeild too much pressure?
          What, me worry? It just takes a little time, patience and thought!

Comment

Has anyboby with an NA used an oil cooler? Did you change the oil pump or are you running stock without any problems?

Comment

I dont' think anyone has changed there pumps man
              Attached Files

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

I have an oil cooler on my NA (cause I'm going turbo soon ) but I also used the oil pump from a turbo automatic.

Comment

What effect does the T oil pump have

in your NA? Is our engine modified? Is your car running colder with the cooler?

Comment

If your NA is stock, then there really is no need for an oil cooler and I dont think you'll see any performance benefit from it at all....

Comment

Well, he did say he was going turbo.

Comment

Did he? Where? I only saw Elliott making that statement...

Comment

Oh sorry. Think ur right :lol:

Comment

Not going turbo but heavily modified

As the title says I am heavily modifying my NA.
                            1. Custom intake w/gutted plenum maxamum cold air in
                            2. Completly rebuilt heads maxamum air flow
                            3. Headers
                            4. NisTune

Lower part of engine next year, but with the work I am doing I think I will make 225-250 RWHP. I am thinking oil cooler to reduce engine wear and stress.

Comment

It definately wont hurt that's for sure, you'd probably be fine just using a stock z31 oil cooler though I think for your application...

Comment

Re: What effect does the T oil pump have

johnblye wrote: in your NA? Is our engine modified? Is your car running colder with the cooler?
                                My Z is down for repairs/upgrades and the oil cooler is one of the things being done so I don't have any info for you about that. However, the turbo oil pump was in the Z prior to going under the knife. Oil pressure was about 60 while driving and I think 30 at idle (its been a couple months since I've driven it). At that time I had underdrive pulley, cam gears, 60mm tb, cone air filter, headers, 3" exhaust, and turbo injectors (88na ecu with 88t bin).

Comment

Working...
                                X