my vg33...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• my vg33...

I am still breaking in the freshly built motor, but the few times I have gotten on it, I have noticed that it has much more low end power than the vg30. I was thinking with the schneider cams it might lose the low end just a bit, but it has not. Other than the short block and cams, everything else is stock. Next week I should be able to start running it hard, and see what the wideband says. The turbo really spools up, at 2k rpm in third it is already at 5-6 psi. I don't remember what it did stock at those rpms, but I am pretty sure it was lower.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

thats really cool, sounds like going to a VG33 is worth it.

When i go forged pistons i will be thinking hard about going to 3.3L

good stuff
    85 Turbo Slick Top
    __________________________________________________ _____

Comment

james wrote: thats really cool, sounds like going to a VG33 is worth it.

When i go forged pistons i will be thinking hard about going to 3.3L

good stuff
      Or a 3.4. The car idles like stock with the cams. If the idle is set to a low 700 rpm, you can hear it lope, but at 800+ is sounds like stock cams.
      Chuck Stong

Comment

Hey bro, Good to read you......

I don't like driving anything lower then an 8.5-1 on the street as dog bottom ends suck in traffic and for my tastes! The 9-1 ratio is freaking nice for daily driving to say the least.

What kind octane are you running and what weight/brand of oil??
        Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

VG36ET wrote: Hey bro, Good to read you......

I don't like driving anything lower then an 8.5-1 on the street as dog bottom ends suck in traffic and for my tastes! The 9-1 ratio is freaking nice for daily driving to say the least.

What kind octane are you running and what weight/brand of oil??
          I only use premuim in my turbo cars. I use mobile 1 10/30 and 15/50 depending upon the application, and castrol for regular oil
          Chuck Stong

Comment

Which cam grind is that? I'm guessing 262-56H?

Comment

Soon Chuck i'll be able to say the same about my car!!

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Which cam grind is that? I'm guessing 262-56H?
                I believe that is the one.
                Chuck Stong

Comment

A VG33 would be awesome, I cant begin to imagine the power potential, as I can feel the monster that the VG30 is...

The VG33 would be nothing short of insane with a bit of modding. I just wish they were easy to find over here.

I understand that they are a bolt in engine, being from the same family.
                  Do you have to change all your management and all that if you put it in? And does your stock tranny all bolt up to it ok?.

Comment

They're as common here as anywhere, Pathfinder etc
                    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

William86Turbo wrote: A VG33 would be awesome, I cant begin to imagine the power potential, as I can feel the monster that the VG30 is...

The VG33 would be nothing short of insane with a bit of modding. I just wish they were easy to find over here.

I understand that they are a bolt in engine, being from the same family.
                      Do you have to change all your management and all that if you put it in? And does your stock tranny all bolt up to it ok?.
                      It is mostly bolt in, but the stock eccu controls it fine. Gotta love maf. I like to use a z31 crank and oil pump, and that part is not just a bolt in deal. I have everything balanced, new bearings, etc.
                      Chuck Stong

Comment

Damian_Z31 wrote: Soon Chuck i'll be able to say the same about my car!!
                        lol, you posted that in DECEMBER . arent you still waiting on your engine from chuck. :shock: i think i'd be starting a feedback thread.

Comment

[quote]MR2_SO_FAST wrote:
                          Originally posted by Damian_Z31:154db
                          lol, you posted that in DECEMBER . arent you still waiting on your engine from chuck. :shock: i think i'd be starting a feedback thread.[/quote:154db]

Thats his business, go troll somewhere else.
                          imagination is a virtue

Comment

Originally posted by Damian_Z31:1dc52
                            lol, you posted that in DECEMBER . arent you still waiting on your engine from chuck. :shock: i think i'd be starting a feedback thread.[/quote:1dc52]

I dont see you building any engine's either. I would rather have somone take their time and do it right, rather than having the guy that told you this... "huh, used greddy intercooler (with piping, couplers and everything) $200 manual boost controller $15 used hks exaust $200 used apexi intake $60, gutted primary cat $free$ .
                            having a low 13 second car for less than $500 ... priceless
                            "
                            Build my engine for me.

Again, I am still waiting for proof on this. Until you supply it and prove that you know anything about anything, SHUT THE FUCK UP. Like craZed said "Thats his business, go troll somewhere else
                            ." You dont even belong here. Maybe if you were a nice guy who was smart and offered some growth on this site, I might not mind you being here. However so far you have prooven to be nothing but a prepubesent fuckstick who is indeed a 100% pure bench racer. Go away.
                            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Originally posted by Damian_Z31:e9193
                              lol, you posted that in DECEMBER . arent you still waiting on your engine from chuck. :shock: i think i'd be starting a feedback thread.[/quote:e9193]
                              go snap oversteer yourself off a cliff.

Comment

Working...
                              X