Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why do you need to swap front X-member for NA-T?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

[quote]ZDaddy wrote:
    Originally posted by bemis
    Swapping the crossmembers with the engine still in the car is not as hard as it looks. I've done it a couple times. Once the front control arms and PS rack are removed, it comes right out. To hold the engine in place, you could place a floor jack under the transmission or place a 4x4 piece of timber over the engine, having it rest on the quarter panels, and strap the engine to the timber.
    I know people do it all the time but the idea of tons of metal dangling over my head by a 4x4 just gives me the creeps.
    they actually make a picker thing for this operation . i know because we have one at work . we mostly use it on the 944's . it has two poststhat rest on the inside edge ofthe fenders its great when you put an engine in thru the bottom and your using a lift . you have the freedom of moving the car up and down on the lift with the engine suspended,m also you can lift and lower the engine as need be . im sure you can get a quality one for no more than 150$ but since most of us here wont have much use for it the timber+jack idea should be secure enough

Comment

Working...
    X