Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• S.O.S

89 turbo 300zx 70k miles

My brother bought this car about a year ago and new nuthing abotu it he jsut new it was a 0ld 300 and he liked it. 1 month after he bought it the AUTOMATIC transsmission went. i started doin some research on the car and i found that Pathfinder Mani. is better than stock, so got a pathfinder mani. and order a FMIC. Bougght a couple trannys and driveshafts got a match so we put the tranny in, the intake manifold on, IC on so itme to drive. the car wont idle it surges through 300-5-1400.ect. it just goes all over. back out the driveway go down the road it sutters a little bit and acts like it is hitting fuel cut but its smoking a bit? when u hit the gas it hesitates all the way until u hit boost, as soon as u hit boost it clears right up and pulls. well we put a walbro 255 in and now it dont really run. it bucks so hard u get level 5 whiplash and u can only go about 1/2 mile on plugs (obviously its runnin rich). it was buckin befroe but just not as hard as its doing now, now u cant even drive it tis smokes poors fuel and bucks like were PBR riders. Before we put the walbro in we check ECU for error codes it threw tps replaced it changed nuhtin. after fuel pump thrown fuel pump circuit wft is that about and how do i go about figurin out whats wrong. ANY SUGGESTIONS? IDEAS?

checkd intake leaks..Clear
    boost cleaks ..clear (wouldnt act like it is if had a boost leak anyway)
    new tps (tvs) whatever
    new o2
    new plugs /wires/cap/rotor
    new timing belt ( timings still set for automatic tranny)
    new water pump
    walbro 255
    240sx TB
    Pathfinder Mani.
    Aeramotive FPR turned down to 30 : / thats the only way we can get it from point a to point b to work on it>

Russ
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

89T with an auto? 2+2? is it a canadian car?

sorry but i cant help with the question

Comment

air leak? = lol...

timing correct?
      afm?
      chts? (usually doesn't make it that bad)
      grounds?

just a few things to go back over...

also, do you have the fpr in the correct place?
      Daily:
      09 2.5SL Altima Grey
      08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
      11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
      Z31s:
      88t Grey
      86t Pewter

Comment

sounds a lot like the car is in limp mode, except for all the smoke you are describing. if you have a working AFM swap it out.

Comment

have you checked the computer for codes.

is your MAF of AFM working correctely? i had that same problem with a bad MAF. also check for vacuum leaks, those can really make the car run like crap.

and please learn to write in english. thanks, i got a headache reading that. :cry:

Comment

88sinZ- He bought it at a car dealership they said they bougth it at a auctoin and thats all we know.
            84z31
            - The last time we checked the codes it threw a fuel circut code that was after we put the 255 in. Havent mesed w/ the car in 5 days it jsut been sittin b/c were all out of ideas of what i could be [/b]
            87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

Comment

i'd say check your MAF and air/vacuum leaks since that seems to be the only thing you haven't done.

when i have a problem with a car i always remember, keep it simple stupid. check the easy stuff first. air, fuel and spark. then move on to diagnosising other stuff. i'm not saying you haven't but without one of the three ingredients working your car will run like arse!

Comment

I'm still thinking AFM/MAF... check it.
                Daily:
                09 2.5SL Altima Grey
                08 4.0SE Pathfinder 4x4 Grey
                11 Ducati Diavel Carbon Red
                Z31s:
                88t Grey
                86t Pewter

Comment

im thinkin that also. how would i check it if it dont throw a code on the ECU

Comment

Working...
                  X