Torque plate rentals VG30E and VG33E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Torque plate rentals VG30E and VG33E

We put this in the Networking section, but wanted a lot of the engine guys that don't frequent that part of the forums to see this too. Mike G. and I are renting out our torque plates. Contact me for the VG30E and contact Mike_GruiZinga for the VG33E.

Torque Plate rental $100 deposit + $75 rental fee.
    Torque plates are designed to simulate a head being bolted to the block and allowing you to bore it that way. When a head is bolted to the block, it "pulls" it into a slightly different shape than when there is nothing bolted to the block. Using a torque plate ensures that your bores are true and straight WHILE the head is torqued down! This promotes ring seal and less piston wear which translates to more power produced. I will rent out my torque plate with bores and bolt pattern for a VG30E block, Total up front cost is $175 for it to be shipped to you (continental U.S. only). You will receive $100 back after you have returned the torque plate. You will obviously be held responsible for damages done to the torque plate.
    If a VG33E torque plate is needed, you can contact Mike_GruiZinga for the same fee as I have stated.
    This is a good option for anyone who only plans on building an engine once and will have no need for a torque plate after that.

Here is the VG33 Torque Plate for rental. It is perfect for VG34's, and might work on larger (let me know your bore size). Its 6061 billet, CNC machined. The two extra holes are for block dowels.

Sorry its blurry, apparently too shiny for my camera?
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

A good machine shop shouldn't need this right? I want to make sure that the vg33 gets done right. I have a really good machine shop with good equipment but is this for the home engine builder?

Comment

zmainiac wrote: A good machine shop shouldn't need this right? I want to make sure that the vg33 gets done right. I have a really good machine shop with good equipment but is this for the home engine builder?
      A good machine shop should already have this (Yes they would need this). However, that typically applies to common engines. The VG30E or VG33E is not common in the sense of getting built. Nowhere near the caliber of say a small block chevy or even a VG30DE block that is way more popular for building. That is why most machine shops WILL NOT have these for the VG30E/33E engine. If you look at Tech@EPR avatar pic, it shows a VG30DE block with torque plates on it. He probably has a VG30E torque plate, but I highly doubt he is willing to rent it out being that he is a professional machinist and understands the importance of this item.

Basically, a torque plate is to be used if you want to have the best machining possible done on your engine. This would be for the professional machinist to use, so you as the home builder (or if you have your engine built) get the best machining possible.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Stressing the bores both top and bottom ensure that when you go to hone the block that you machine it in a method that is as true as possible so that when the block is fully tq'd that the assembly is as square as possible. Without doing this you run a severely high risk of egg shaping the bores and not obtaining an absolute dimension.

Nissan Race Engine Machine Shop
        Dedicated to VG performance and design http://www.epracing.net

Comment

Ah, well I am going with 93mm pistons so I doubt that mikes will work for me anyways. Why are you guys so far away from me?

Comment

Actually it might..

Let me check it out.
            "produce first.talk second."

Comment

you need at least .040-.060" over bore from the biggest bore you plan to use the tq plate to.
              Nissan Race Engine Machine Shop
              Dedicated to VG performance and design http://www.epracing.net

Comment

I would like to rent the VG33 torque plate. Please contact me callsignn4imb@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by aaronet View Post
                  I would like to rent the VG33 torque plate. Please contact me callsignn4imb@gmail.com
                  Get in contact with mitch@epracing. John & mitch don't really frequent the forum anymore. Here's Epracing contract link.
                  http://epracing.net/contact-2/
                  Originally posted by Racinjitter
                  :lol: Those of us who say A/C FTW all have a g/f or wife. ac+women=more quiet=possibility of sex. -
                  ac+women=SUPER BITCHING=no sex.

Comment

Working...
                  X