No announcement yet.

Updated pics of dual pass radiator installed end of thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a question, could you relocate the inlet to the top edge ? how is the bumper clearance... or were you planning vertical?

Comment

I think I see it. Pointed right at your timing marks? What did you mount the bracket to? Mines welded to the motor mount bracket. Not sure if that's a good place. I still don't understand how you got the 60-2 wheel in there. Need to see a picture I guess ops:
      I've seen another pic of your engine but I didn't catch any details at the time on who owned it. Very impressive.

Comment

jn1cz wrote: I think I see it. Pointed right at your timing marks? What did you mount the bracket to? Mines welded to the motor mount bracket. Not sure if that's a good place. I still don't understand how you got the 60-2 wheel in there. Need to see a picture I guess ops:
        I've seen another pic of your engine but I didn't catch any details at the time on who owned it. Very impressive.
        On who owned it???????? :shock: Nobody has ever owned my engine (or pwned HAHAHA!) I'm the only one. Its like I was saying, You just gotta take the wheel and the balancer to the machine shop and have them use a lathe and "slip fit" the wheel on to the back side of the balancer. If I had a pic of it I would show you but its too damn hard to get the balancer off for now. Gotta customize my puller to work with it.

GE- I was gonna mount it the same way as the stocker. I was just planning on moving the inlet down about 3.5" I figured this would still be ok because the top of the radiator tank is still below the water neck height on the engine, so I wouldn't think it would put any more strain on the pump that way. Whatcha think? It is going to end up being where the stock air filter inlet was (that metal piece next to the headlight that directs air from the Ebay to the OEM air filter).

Hmm, I kinda like that idea of going on the top edge now I would just have to make a J bend with a 90* on the long leg. Then I could use the stock Hose too! Dammit, I left the radiator at work I wanna go try it now. Shit, actually it would take 4 90*'s to make. Hmmmm. Come out the top then 90* left a few inches then a 90* toward the camera then a 90 down over the core then a 90 back to the stock hose location. That may be too much of a pain.
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

If you move the inlet down, be sure to put a bleader up top.
          Otherwise you'll never get all the air out.
          imagination is a virtue

Comment

Satan - It's about time you told me how much it cost fuktard..hehe.

Seriously bro, that sounds like a bad-ass radiator for the money. I might end up running something similar. It's amazing how amateurs become obcessed with *power* but don't invest enough in cooling.

Keep up the good work postwhore!
            Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

craZed wrote: If you move the inlet down, be sure to put a bleader up top.
              Otherwise you'll never get all the air out.
              Sweet!

How about the strain on the water pump situation? I dont see it being a problem but input is allways a good idea.

Comment

elongated hole at an angle ....

try to make it just about level between the two arrow points, but you could put a bleeder screw on the top edge

Comment

G-E wrote:

elongated hole at an angle ....

try to make it just about level between the two arrow points, but you could put a bleeder screw on the top edge
                  That makes sence. I will have room to do that also.

Comment

New pics of the radiator installed. Bleeder at the top of the radiator to let the air out. you can see where I had to notch and customize the stock hoses and what not. Pain in the ass but it will be worth it. Look at how thick that bastard is! its also the largest you can fit in the stock location and you still have to pound some shit flat to make it fit right. 27" x 19" is outside dimensions.

Comment

not bad

Comment

XSPower??
                        Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
                        I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
                        Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

Lance wrote: XSPower??
                          yeah the cheepo ebay intercoolers that work great.

Comment

Nice setup.
                            Attached Files

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
                              Originally posted by Lance
                              XSPower??
                              I got the power... an XS amount of it. XS Power. from ebay. (cue cheesey music)
                              Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
                              I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
                              Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

[quote]Lance wrote: [quote=SATAN]
                                Originally posted by Lance
                                XSPower??
                                I got the power... an XS amount of it. XS Power. from ebay. (cue cheesey music)
                                no it's "I have the powowwwererrrr"

Comment

Working...
                                X