No announcement yet.

Updated pics of dual pass radiator installed end of thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

it looks great but what rad. would you recommend instead, also where did you pick it up?
    DD:
    86 Black Turbo 5spd
    The Fallen:
    84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
    Parting Currently:
    86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
    Garage Sale

Comment

try the 26" link I posted

of find more

Comment

Nice Rad/fan setup there. How is that taurus fan mounted/wired?
        "produce first.talk second."

Comment

ebay special huh?
          well how is the quality on it?

i have a stock 2x2 that just had its rad punctured, if im getting a new one for free i mine as well do it right... will i need an efan installed to pull this off you think?

what do you think about a setup like this

http://www.mcmoffroad.com/rdavis.html

i have the option of getting rid of the fill neck, double pass and maybe moving the inlet down a few inches to make short work of hose routing. plus i like the look of that fan shroud. only downer i see is it is 26 x 19
          DD:
          86 Black Turbo 5spd
          The Fallen:
          84 red n/a auto Slicktop, 86 Black 2+2 n/a 5spd
          Parting Currently:
          86 White Turbo 5spd, 88 n/a 5spd, 84 AE, 88 Shiro #64
          Garage Sale

Comment

Mike_GruiZinga wrote: Nice Rad/fan setup there. How is that taurus fan mounted/wired?
            Its mounted on the bottom to the radiator with 10mm bolts and nuts. Didnt bother to mount it on the top cause its kinda wedged under the FPR :roll: Its not going anywhere.

What do you mean how is it wired? I just have my TEC switch a relay and it see's power, then proceeds to blow lots of air.
            85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
            04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Did you make a custom exhaust manifold? What size is that turbo?

Pretty sweet setup!
              '84 AE Z31 - last time it was dyno'd - 392RWHP, 431 Ft-Lb RWTQ.

For this year - building a VG33, bigger turbo (GT35R BB), just got done with making my own custom roll cage, all of the bodywork and a new paint job!

Want more details? Check out my profile on vg30et.com!

Comment

turbomike wrote: Did you make a custom exhaust manifold? What size is that turbo?

Pretty sweet setup!
                Hehehehe

Yeah, I made the manifold and its a GT42R. Stevez31 has got one too.

Thanks man. I just keep throwing more and more money at it and it just gets better and better. If you click on the "Details of SATANZ31 =" link in my sig it will take you to a page that shows all of my upgrades with pics.

Comment

Yeah - I was checking out your page last night - very sweet stuff...

I've pretty much got the biggest turbo I can fit into the stock location - as SP 67 (I think this is a GT35 frame) with a custom 3" exhaust, but I'd love to be able to go up to 4" downpipe & even bigger turbo... remains to be seen... Of course, HP isn't the problem - it's more learning how to launch well with my 5-speed & not break axles.

What size is your IC piping? I have the Spearco setup with 2.25" piping, butr was thinking about making a custom 3" setup... wondering if you saw any more lag with bigger piping?

For this year - building a VG33, bigger turbo (GT35R BB), just got done with making my own custom roll cage, all of the bodywork and a new paint job!

Comment

turbomike wrote: Yeah - I was checking out your page last night - very sweet stuff...

I've pretty much got the biggest turbo I can fit into the stock location - as SP 67 (I think this is a GT35 frame) with a custom 3" exhaust, but I'd love to be able to go up to 4" downpipe & even bigger turbo... remains to be seen... Of course, HP isn't the problem - it's more learning how to launch well with my 5-speed & not break axles.

What size is your IC piping? I have the Spearco setup with 2.25" piping, butr was thinking about making a custom 3" setup... wondering if you saw any more lag with bigger piping?
                    You wont notice enough lag to be concerned with when you run 3" opposed to 2.25". I run 3" It works out just fine. If you dont want to break axles anymore you can do what I'm doing and go with Modern motorsports axle stub upgrades. the whole kit is around $1400 though :?

Comment

Cool - thanks...

It's kinda weird knowing I'm conversing with the lord of darkness, though...

:twisted:

Comment

turbomike wrote: Cool - thanks...

It's kinda weird knowing I'm conversing with the lord of darkness, though...

:twisted:
                        It always happens when you least expect it. You may not even know it at times :shock:

Comment

Working...
                        X