Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MrwassmanNA2T
    replied
    The bolts on in my heads were broken (7 of them) and made the smallest groove in them and they came out. I think they break because of sound not that they are in there to tight.

Leave a comment:

• Jason84NA2T
    replied
    I believe I heard the maximas used the same grind as the late Z31 w series, but I could be wrong. I would need to check.

I dont think there would ever be a measureable power difference between early and late Z31 cams. I don't know why they even changed the grind.

Leave a comment:

• JimmyZ89
    replied
    aaah how could I have missed that page thank alot
    Would anyone know if the 90+ vg30e maxima fall under this category:
    Stock "late" US Z31 08/87+ 248/248 .393"/.393"

Also would puting the:
    Stock "early" US 7/83-7/87 Z31 252/252 Turbo and non .393"/.393" cams make any noticable difference to a "late" us z31? I think I have a spare set of "early" cams laying around in the garage that I was going to use for a regrind.

Leave a comment:

• zmech
    replied

Leave a comment:

• JimmyZ89
    started a topic w series vg30e/33e cams/heads info needed

w series vg30e/33e cams/heads info needed

I plan on going to the local junk yard soon to pick up some heads among other parts. I was wondering are all usdm w series vg30e/33e cams the same? I read on this forum that the vg33 heads intake throat is also a little smaller.
    http://www.redz31.com/forum/viewtopi...highlight=vg33
    Is this just a trait of the vg33 heads or have any of you seen newer model vg30e with this same trait? My car has 4 broken exhaust manfold studs and I don't want the down time to fix them. So I figured I'd get an extra good set of heads to just swap over to when I do my timing belt in the next couple weeks. By the way my car is an 89 na w series block.
Working...
X