Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CRANK SCRAPERS

http://www.crank-scrapers.com/

Have any of you guys seen, used, heard of these? I stumbled onto it on the Dodge Avenger website no less!!!!
    Essentially its like the same thing as knife edging your crank (or atleast that looks like it to me)
    Does anyone make one to work with our motors? Id be interested in it...seems like a tried and tested product.
    Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

They do make them for our engines however its not the same as knife edging. Knife edging makes the fillets on you crank able to cut through the oil with out foaming it up as much.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Hey guess what...I was right (holy crap im kidding myself here...so retarded)
      I TOLD YOU GUYS THEY MAKE THEM FOR OUR MOTORS!!!

http://www.crank-scrapers.com/prod01.html

Just scroll to nissan, the VG30s' are at the end for nissan.

Comment

SATAN wrote: They do make them for our engines however its not the same as knife edging. Knife edging makes the fillets on you crank able to cut through the oil with out foaming it up as much.
        That was a pretty quick reply man, you didnt even give me time to make a joke out of myself for not looking at the site before I opened my big mouth

I was thinking about that (knife edging vs crank scraping) and what would be the purpose of using a crank scraper if you knife edged the crank......I suppose it would still help keep the crank from throwing any more oil too. On top of the knife edging I mean.
        I need to go to bed..when I start finding stuff like this it means I have been on the net too long.

Comment

[quote]TODD03412 wrote:
          Originally posted by SATAN
          They do make them for our engines however its not the same as knife edging. Knife edging makes the fillets on you crank able to cut through the oil with out foaming it up as much.
          That was a pretty quick reply man, you didnt even give me time to make a joke out of myself for not looking at the site before I opened my big mouth

I was thinking about that (knife edging vs crank scraping) and what would be the purpose of using a crank scraper if you knife edged the crank......I suppose it would still help keep the crank from throwing any more oil too. On top of the knife edging I mean.
          I need to go to bed..when I start finding stuff like this it means I have been on the net too long.

Its funny cause I didnt even look at the site until after I posted. I just remember seeing them for VG's before.
          Attached Files

Comment

What is even funnier is that I cant believe I have never seen them before. What a good idea...sheesh..its probably only been around forever too

Since I decided to keep my Z I think that maybe something worth investing in...........

Comment

anything you can do to keep parasitic loss or windage down is a good thing. And its cheep too! I think they are under $100 if i'm not mistaken.

Comment

it's been in the new turbo FAQ since Jason wrote it...where the hell have you been?

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
                1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
                1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
                2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
                2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

Dang, don't seem like they would do much

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

Taris Blue wrote: it's been in the new turbo FAQ since Jason wrote it...where the hell have you been?
                    Under a rock obviously :shock:

Comment

I've seen them on ebay for years

Comment

If you knife-edge the crank wouldn't the crank scraper have to be a different shape to match the modified crank? I would think there would be gaps in between the scraper and the crank where material was removed.
                        86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

StreetFighter wrote: If you knife-edge the crank wouldn't the crank scraper have to be a different shape to match the modified crank? I would think there would be gaps in between the scraper and the crank where material was removed.
                          Yup. There was a pic of one guy who was running a nylon or somthing scrapper that way it would contour to the crank being used.

Comment

Working...
                          X