Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• oil drainage

Help me come up with a better solution. This is my current predicament:

I got that flange from ebay awhile back. Ideas?
    Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
    I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
    Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Replace the fitting with an angled one.
    Chuck Stong
    300+ Parts and Performance owner
    http://www.300-plus.com
    2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Your oil outlet from the turbo should not be at that high of an agle. You should have it as perpendicular to the ground AS POSSIBLE

Wait a second, Thats not the oil outlet thats at an angel is it? what the hell is that, that the piece you are talking about is bolted up to? Do you have a fitting coming down off of the turbo and then another fitting bolted to the first fitting????? Either way, Your oil should also never have to travel up hill to get into the oil pan.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Make the drain lower. do a little fbbing.
        Must Go Faster, Faster Untill The Thrill Of Speed Overcomes The Fear Of Death.

Comment

is this a stock nissan T3?

did you loose the oil return line?

it looks like since you don't have your bands on you could clock the turbo a little more to get a better angle. do you have your oil feed line hooked up yet? i can't really tell by the picture.

if you can weld, get a piece of stainless steel tubing and bend it to line up with the oilpan fitting. then weld it to your flange for your turbo.

Comment

Use the factory oil drain and rubber hose.You might have to re-clock the turbo center section also.
            Shiro #443

Comment

SATAN wrote: Your oil outlet from the turbo should not be at that high of an agle. You should have it as perpendicular to the ground AS POSSIBLE

Wait a second, Thats not the oil outlet thats at an angel is it? what the hell is that, that the piece you are talking about is bolted up to? Do you have a fitting coming down off of the turbo and then another fitting bolted to the first fitting????? Either way, Your oil should also never have to travel up hill to get into the oil pan.
              The flange seems to be naturally sitting lower than the barb on the oil pan. Perpendicular to the ground? Every stock style turbo setup has that angle. Like for example: http://thespecshop.com/images/products/SS02.jpg
              That's hardly perpendicular. I'm confused now.

"what the hell is that, that the piece you are talking about is bolted up to? Do you have a fitting coming down off of the turbo and then another fitting bolted to the first fitting?????"

There's the flange, and the npt barb fitting it came with that kinda sucks, too bulky. I went to home depot and got some various different ones to try out instead.

I hope it works out.

Comment

SupSay Z wrote: Make the drain lower. do a little fbbing.
                Maybe I can try tapping something, but I don't have access to a welder.

Comment

84z31 wrote: is this a stock nissan T3?

did you loose the oil return line?

it looks like since you don't have your bands on you could clock the turbo a little more to get a better angle. do you have your oil feed line hooked up yet? i can't really tell by the picture.

if you can weld, get a piece of stainless steel tubing and bend it to line up with the oilpan fitting. then weld it to your flange for your turbo.
                  It's a GT35 turbo. That's about the best angle I can get without going sideways. I can't weld. I don't have a stock return line since this isn't a stock turbo car. Tried getting one on the forums with no luck. blah.

Comment

Wow is that ever...level.

What I would try and do is buy an elbow. screw it in there and see how low it is still sitting in comparrison to the oil pan fitting. You'll more than likely have some threads, if not close to half visible on the elbo like you have on your fitting now.

So what I would do, is cut the thread in half with a hack saw. File it all nice and pretty. That way you raise the return fitting on the turbo as high as possible. You might have to grind the threads down a little bit in order to get the elbow facing in the proper direction or wait...is that fitting a pipe thread?

Comment

chronic wrote: Wow is that ever...level.

What I would try and do is buy an elbow. screw it in there and see how low it is still sitting in comparrison to the oil pan fitting. You'll more than likely have some threads, if not close to half visible on the elbo like you have on your fitting now.

So what I would do, is cut the thread in half with a hack saw. File it all nice and pretty. That way you raise the return fitting on the turbo as high as possible. You might have to grind the threads down a little bit in order to get the elbow facing in the proper direction or wait...is that fitting a pipe thread?
                      it appears to be 1/2" NPT. I have an elbow with shorter threads that I'm going to try tomorrow. I think it's still going to be going uphill a little, so I dunno...

Comment

Here's the fittings I got. Maybe I can use that new brass one, it's a bit shorter than the old one. Looks like it's going to be impossible to avoid going a little uphill. If that's criminally stupid it'll just have to be temporary.

Comment

It looks like you are going to have to put the oil inlet tube lower on your oil pan. If you want I can weld a -10AN male fitting to the bottom of an oil pan and ship it to you. That's what I did for my NA-T setup.

PM me if you want something like that.
                          86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

Do you still have the stock oil drain? Take off what's on the turbo now and bolt on the stock oil return with the rubber line removed,line up the stock oil return to the oil pan nipple by rotating the turbo,then put on the stock rubber oil drain hose.
                            I tried to do the same thing you did but I ended up using the stock oil drain line.I had to cut it and reweld it at a different angle to make it work because I have a 1/2" steel T4 flange between the turbo and the exhaust manifold that changed the placement of the turbo a little
                            Shiro #443

Comment

Rick88ss wrote: Do you still have the stock oil drain? Take off what's on the turbo now and bolt on the stock oil return with the rubber line removed,line up the stock oil return to the oil pan nipple by rotating the turbo,then put on the stock rubber oil drain hose.
                              I tried to do the same thing you did but I ended up using the stock oil drain line.I had to cut it and reweld it at a different angle to make it work because I have a 1/2" steel T4 flange between the turbo and the exhaust manifold that changed the placement of the turbo a little
                              like I said, this is a conversion project and I don't have the stock drain. I tried getting one online with no luck. I may have to try the boneyard.

Comment

Working...
                              X