Nitrous on an NA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

VG36ET wrote: LMFAO - Homestar had me for a minute -

Nitrous is fukin great and the Fast and the Furious refferences are beyond old but Homestar's was good.

So to the subject @ hand, The Stock VG is proven to handle a 150 shot with proper timing retard on the stock engine. Personally I wouldn't go higher then 100 on an interference engine.

Upgrade your fuel pump with a good ole walbro for 99 bucks, run colder NGK plugs, run the proper octane fuel and some kind of Timing retard device and your in buisness. I've never had the original 80's clutch so I don't know if it will hold but clutch upgrades aren't that expensive.

Z-daddy - NO offense but Nitrous and Ricers are hardly mutually exclusive bro. Some of the fastest gasoline drag cars in the world run nitrous in addition to boost for good reasons. NOS is a brand made by Holley and they make top quality gear IME!

NO offense to anyone but Why the funk woulnd't the stock Z rear hold a wimpy lil 100 shot??
    What would be the difference between running a 200 shot on a interference engine and a non interf. engine? The 200 shot isnt going to make the timing belt jump or pop off. If it does then there was somthing wrong with your belt to begin with. Interference or not, wont have any effect on the amount of nitrous you can run.

Oh yeah, and like you said, Fuel pump too. I forgot about that one.

Sp4rt4n- Your stock clutch may hold the power for a couple of weeks with a 75 shot but I wouldnt imagine an OEM clutch holding too much power. When I turned up my boost back in 1998 I remember the clutch holding for about a month then it was done. Done to the point where I could barley motivate the car forward.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

zmech wrote: I am not absolute about the answer to your question Satan but my guess is proper fuel and timing. I only ran a small 60 shot when I was N/A.
      This is deffinatly a good idea, but has nothing to do with the intake manifold.

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
        Originally posted by VG36ET
        LMFAO - Homestar had me for a minute -

Nitrous is fukin great and the Fast and the Furious refferences are beyond old but Homestar's was good.

So to the subject @ hand, The Stock VG is proven to handle a 150 shot with proper timing retard on the stock engine. Personally I wouldn't go higher then 100 on an interference engine.

Upgrade your fuel pump with a good ole walbro for 99 bucks, run colder NGK plugs, run the proper octane fuel and some kind of Timing retard device and your in buisness. I've never had the original 80's clutch so I don't know if it will hold but clutch upgrades aren't that expensive.

Z-daddy - NO offense but Nitrous and Ricers are hardly mutually exclusive bro. Some of the fastest gasoline drag cars in the world run nitrous in addition to boost for good reasons. NOS is a brand made by Holley and they make top quality gear IME!

NO offense to anyone but Why the funk woulnd't the stock Z rear hold a wimpy lil 100 shot??
        What would be the difference between running a 200 shot on a interference engine and a non interf. engine? The 200 shot isnt going to make the timing belt jump or pop off. If it does then there was somthing wrong with your belt to begin with. Interference or not, wont have any effect on the amount of nitrous you can run.

Sp4rt4n- Your stock clutch may hold the power for a couple of weeks with a 75 shot but I wouldnt imagine an OEM clutch holding too much power. When I turned up my boost back in 1998 I remember the clutch holding for about a month then it was done. Done to the point where I could barley motivate the car forward.
        Hey Satan - How's the storm?hehe

You post on RSW, my bro was tellng me bout some dude that threw his belt on a VG with a 175ish shot running everything perfect! I wouldn't risk it personally, maybe with strong as Kevlar belt that's never going to stretch! I'm not the kinda jagoff that wants to find out how much nitrous the stock VG engine can handle before it goes ka-bloom! I remember reading here that somone broke a VG crank with a 250shot?

As for the Clutch - THe Z's have strong trannies but the Clutchs are Prehistoric anyhow. Nowdays one can find high quality clutch kits for a small investment, it's the labor that get's ya if you can't install yourself.

Again on the rear end. Somone please tell me the diference in rear end stress between running high boost above stock pressure and running a wimpy lil 100(or even 150) shot of Nitrous???
        Jason is in the 11's and what has he done to his rear end?
        Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

[quote]VG36ET wrote: [quote=SATAN]

You post on RSW, my bro was tellng me bout some dude that threw his belt on a VG with a 175ish shot running everything perfect! I wouldn't risk it personally, maybe with strong as Kevlar belt that's never going to stretch! I'm not the kinda jagoff that wants to find out how much nitrous the stock VG engine can handle before it goes ka-bloom! I remember reading here that somone broke a VG crank with a 250shot?

As for the Clutch - THe Z's have strong trannies but the Clutchs are Prehistoric anyhow. Nowdays one can find high quality clutch kits for a small investment, it's the labor that get's ya if you can't install yourself.

Again on the rear end. Somone please tell me the diference in rear end stress between running high boost above stock pressure and running a wimpy lil 100(or even 150) shot of Nitrous???
          Jason runs a LSD. Granted its still an R200 but... either way. the stock rearend WILL hold the 200 shot.

And if your friend jumped his belt then it wasnt perfect. If someone else broke a crank then it wasn't tuned right.

The belt doest care where the 200 hp comes from, wether it be a turbo or nitrous. If you break stuff, its from improper tuning, maintenence or reaching HP limitations. The N/A z's will handle 360 to the wheels (stock is like 160whp). Doesnt matter if its nitrous or forced fed.

Oh the weather is good here until thursday then were supposed to get another 10" :x I've never seen this much snow in Denver in one season!

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote: [quote=VG36ET][quote=SATAN]

Jason runs a LSD. Granted its still an R200 but... either way. the stock rearend WILL hold the 200 shot.

And if your friend jumped his belt then it wasnt perfect. If someone else broke a crank then it wasn't tuned right.

The belt doest care where the 200 hp comes from, wether it be a turbo or nitrous. If you break stuff, its from improper tuning, maintenence or reaching HP limitations. The N/A z's will handle 360 to the wheels (stock is like 160whp). Doesnt matter if its nitrous or forced fed.

Oh the weather is good here until thursday then were supposed to get another 10" :x I've never seen this much snow in Denver in one season!
            Hey Satan - I agree and Disagree with ya brother but I'm to tired to argue with you tonight..hehe. I'll get back to ya.

This snow we got here in Burque is the sickest since the 60's apparently. Finally we get some snow worth talking about and my 4x4 Pathfinder is ripped apart. I think it's time for a 4-door Nissan Titan.

If you got some time on your hands bro I'd really appreicate it if you found out who make some bad ass Timing belts for our engines. I'm not gonna invest this much money in an interference engine with the stock timing belt. OEM belts stretch over time...period.

Peace
            Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

Thats true, thats why you are supposed to replace them.

I dunno who make a hi perf. belt for the vg30e If I come accross one i'll let everyone know.

Comment

SATAN wrote: Thats true, thats why you are supposed to replace them.

I dunno who make a hi perf. belt for the vg30e If I come accross one i'll let everyone know.
                Toga (use) to make them for VQ30DE and other Nissan engines. I heard Greddy makes one for ours. I'm gonna find out as you and I and others are gonna be running pretty insane HP levels on our engines and I don't wanna take any chances with a timing belt slipping or god forbid being thrown.
                Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

Maintain proper fueling, time it correctly, colder plugs... even with a 150 shot on an NA you won't be near the cylinder pressure I was at with 12PSI on 9:1 w/ 100 shot. You'll slip a stock clutch with that additional power pretty easily.

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Maintain proper fueling, time it correctly, colder plugs... even with a 150 shot on an NA you won't be near the cylinder pressure I was at with 12PSI on 9:1 w/ 100 shot. You'll slip a stock clutch with that additional power pretty easily.
                    Hey Jason - I know you still have the Nitrous goodies in your engine bay but I didn't know you where running a 100 shot W boost on a 9:1.

What was your best time with that setup???
                    Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X