• Time
  • Show
Clear All

mine was 1/8" NPT.
    Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
    I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
    Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

I know the fitting size but this is what I'm talking about. Nobody here has had any of those issues using a -4an feed line?
      http://forums.hybridz.org/showthread...OIL+RESTRICTOR

Comment

Only heard of feed issues using ballbearing turbochargers. I guess the stock banjo bolt could be considered a restrictor though. Have you measured the ID?

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Only heard of feed issues using ballbearing turbochargers. I guess the stock banjo bolt could be considered a restrictor though. Have you measured the ID?
          Yeah, to me it seems like all banjo bolts have restrictor properties. If you're asking if I've measured the ID of the passageway in the banjo bolt then no I haven't. On the BB turbos are you talking too much oil or not enough?
          The main reason I asked about this is that I had a chance to pick up some -4an braided hose and connectors really cheap and I checked around to see if this was the right size and what kind of fittings I'd need to make it work and that thread at hybridz was the only info I found on z cars. The farthest I got with my 85t other than maintenence and repair was intake and exhaust so I'm still kinda stumbling around in the dark on the the modifications part and trying to build up a database for future reference. If everything I was told about this car is true, and so far it has been, then the turbo is going to be the weak link. If you haven't read any of my posts on this car I bought, it has a lot of modifications and the ones I can see were done kinda shoddy. I can deal with all that with info on this site as long as the internal engine mods were done right. And the turbo supposedly has been machined and fitted with bigger wheels. All I really know is that I can definitely see a stock t3 compressor housing so at least the PO did put a slightly larger turbo on the car. I'll know more about it when the weather clears and the aftereffects of that flu bug wear off and I can start on the head gasket. K, I'm just rambling now so I'm gonna shut up

Comment

Im gonna second the "im not trying to hi-jack this thread" with......

This weekend I was going to replace my stock oil cooler lines and line to the turbo with new braided hose or atleast new lines from our local hydraulic supply place.

I was a little worried about replacing the banjo bolts with npt fittings... I know that will have an effect on my pressure (maybe not?? your opinions needed?)...Im wondering if it is going to be negative if it relieves some pressure. I was also hoping to be able to fit a pressure gauge to the cooler also now that Im replacing the fittings. The stock ecu doesnt require the stock sensor does it? I thought it just goes to the dummy light on the dash, maybe I will just put the sensor for the gauge there.

Normally I wouldnt ask this stuff, I would just do it....but when I dont ask thats when I would be like 5K miles down the road with a locked up motor. I already have to run 20-50 in the summer b/c the car gets so hot here that the pressure gets low....( probably getting off my ass to replace the oil pump I have in the garage would help too HA!!!!)
            Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

Okay FWIW, I measured the ID of the oil inlet on my spare turbo and it appears to be 5/16" or 0.3125" (8mm?). I couldn't find a banjo bolt to check.

Comment

Working...
              X