How to work with 4an line?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to work with 4an line?

I got my jeg's components in for my turbo feed, but i cant get the damn ends to stay on. I twist the cap on, then try the thread th insert in but it just pushes the line off. the cap isnt exactly threading on the line as far as it should. my friend who has worked with an lines before couldn't get it either. he admitted the smalles he's worked with is 6an. what are we doing wrong?
    Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
    I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
    Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

is it left hand thread to get the fitting into the hose?

we use stuff like that out in the oilfield. they are always left hand to twist the fitting into the hose. then the other part screws onto the part that gets screwed onto the hose.

Comment

you're a genius, thanks... man how does one find out these things?

Comment

go to the oilfield and work awhile you learn a lot. :wink:

Comment

well one went on but the other won't. man these things are annoying.

Comment

i usually put some spray lube on the ends. and hold them in a vise. but since yours are of the pretty nature. you'd probably want to be more delicate. :lol:

Comment

what brand is the hose end? i have never seen a reverse threaded AN hose end.

Comment

got them on... the part that goes on the hose not that fitting end -seemed- to be reversed. I have no idea. I hate these things already.

Comment

somethings not right with this picture, do u have any pics of the fittings? Also you should use some teflon tape on those threads to keep things from leaking.

Comment

Z31SPL wrote: somethings not right with this picture, do u have any pics of the fittings? Also you should use some teflon tape on those threads to keep things from leaking.
                    no you shouldnt.. you should be lubricating the threads with oil. the threads are NOT making the seal. using teflon tape will cover up any real leaks

Comment

everywhere ive ever read said to use it , but watever, do watever u want
                      Attached Files

Comment

I don't think I have ever seen teflon tape used. Couldn't hurt tho can it?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

[quote]Chris86NA2T wrote:
                          Originally posted by Z31SPL
                          somethings not right with this picture, do u have any pics of the fittings? Also you should use some teflon tape on those threads to keep things from leaking.
                          no you shouldnt.. you should be lubricating the threads with oil. the threads are NOT making the seal. using teflon tape will cover up any real leaks
                          +1

You use Teflon tape on NPT fittings. You lube the threads with moly or some kind up grease. Make sure the hose is all the way into the hose end then then stab the center into it and get it started. should not be all that hard. I can get it started with my hands alone.
                          85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                          04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Lance wrote: I got my jeg's components in for my turbo feed, but i cant get the damn ends to stay on. I twist the cap on, then try the thread th insert in but it just pushes the line off. the cap isnt exactly threading on the line as far as it should. my friend who has worked with an lines before couldn't get it either. he admitted the smalles he's worked with is 6an. what are we doing wrong?
                            Not to jack another of thread but when I was researching DIY turbo oil feed lines, all the sites I found recommended -3an or a restrictor with -4an to prevent too much oil flow to the turbo. Supposed to lessen the chance of damaging the seals and cut down on oil froth in the pan among other things.
                            So -4 is okay here?

Comment

check the -an size chart, most turbos use 1/8" fittings

Comment

Working...
                              X