Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

T3's with the 7 bolt exhaust downpipe pattern???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• T3's with the 7 bolt exhaust downpipe pattern???

is there anyone on here that knows where i can find the 7 bolt .63 AR nissan downpipe pattern.

i know the turbo 280s had them.

but i'm not sure if anything else shared that pattern.

i know saabs and volvos used the T3. does anyone know where i can find the information i'm seeking.

there are tons of saabs and volvos in the junkyard near me. but the temp right now is -1*F, and after spending all week out in the cold weather i'd rather read on the internet that there is some compatability somewhere else.

thanks

I could be wrong, but I believe all nissan t3's have the same pattern on the turbine.

As for volvo or saab, they are different and I "believe" smaller turbines than the nissan units.
    http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

He's right, it's unique to nissan.
      Lance 'never-ending 88na2t project' Landry
      I sell Z stuff when I'm not being lazy.
      Trace cell phones via GPS: http://www.phonetrace.org

Comment

jerks.

damn now i really do have to find one. or get a different one and make my own downpipe. :evil:

Comment

If you can find one from a T-Bird Turbo 5-speed or Merkur XR4Ti those are .63 A/R but use the standard T3 5-bolt pattern and make your own downpipe, like a 3" manderal bent one. :lol:

Comment

Dweezil wrote: If you can find one from a T-Bird Turbo 5-speed or Merkur XR4Ti those are .63 A/R but use the standard T3 5-bolt pattern and make your own downpipe, like a 3" manderal bent one. :lol:
            You ever built a discharge pipe before? Putting a 3" on there is only feasible on the biggest of T3 turbine housings. And it's hard to get 3" past the steering joint. I've done several stage 3 and 5's and used 2.25" and 2.5" to the flange and 3" from there.
            http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

[quote]Steve88t wrote:
              Originally posted by Dweezil
              If you can find one from a T-Bird Turbo 5-speed or Merkur XR4Ti those are .63 A/R but use the standard T3 5-bolt pattern and make your own downpipe, like a 3" manderal bent one. :lol:
              You ever built a discharge pipe before? Putting a 3" on there is only feasible on the biggest of T3 turbine housings. And it's hard to get 3" past the steering joint. I've done several stage 3 and 5's and used 2.25" and 2.5" to the flange and 3" from there.
              its a little annoying but it can be done.. i bought a standard 5 bolt turbine housing to fit my stage 3 wheel, and an "ultimate internal wastegate" from atpturbo.com.. then i got a 3 inch 90 degree bend and a 3 inch vband setup.. i welded the 3 inch bend directly to the vband outlet on the back of the wastegate (the clamp wouldnt fit in there)... i had to grind a little of the vband and then bend in the pipe like 1/4 inch at one point to clear the steering joint .. then i used another 3 inch 90 degree to mate it up to my hacked up CM exhaust and connect it with a vband.. hope that makes sense.. ill post pics one day when i havent been drinking..

Comment

Working...
              X