z32 turbo on a z31?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z32 turbo on a z31?

How much of a size difference is there between a VG30DETT turbo and a VG30ET turbo? I have a turbo out of a VG30DETT sitting in my garage collecting dust, and I might be able to put it to use... Would it be worth it, or would I be better off getting a VG30ET turbo? (for NA2T swap)

too small , its a smaller trim t25 .

considering the fact that it was ment to feed 1.5 liters , or half the size of your engine , it should be obvious that its too small .

sell it on ebay to some kid with a honda .

Comment

smaller than a t25?

I thought it was t25/t28 hybrid?
      It may not be a Z, but it's still got a turbo...

Comment

So far I've never seen actual data on what it is. Everyone has conjecture they claim is proof. As I've never pulled one to measure I can't say for sure.
        http://z31performance.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=147

Comment

Domdogg123 wrote: smaller than a t25?

I thought it was t25/t28 hybrid?
          considering the amount of stock boost they run compared to the single that a z31 runs (9psi compared to the 4.5psi ran in a z31) . and the difference in dyno number between both cars(about a 60whp difference) , i dont think its a t25/t28 hybrid. either way its a piece of crap ,also you would have to fab a down pipe of some sort and other parts that at the end of the day it would not be worth.

Comment

I've seen someone say T2/T25 another site says T22/TB02 etc. etc. Its basically very small. The site that says T22/TB02 says they are dyno proven up to 400 whp.

Comment

MachZ wrote: The site that says T22/TB02 says they are dyno proven up to 400 whp.
              i would believe that in a really high boost situation , also considering its twins. so putting one on a z would yield very little power .

Comment

ya my friend dynoed 350rwhp on stock turbos and exhaust on 14psi with a Z32, then with 18psi and full exhaust he was easily 400rwhp, so yes the stock turbos are capable of about 200rwhp each 400rwhp using both.

Comment

roastin300 wrote: ya my friend dynoed 350rwhp on stock turbos and exhaust on 14psi with a Z32, then with 18psi and full exhaust he was easily 400rwhp, so yes the stock turbos are capable of about 200rwhp each 400rwhp using both.
                  I believe "the record" for most dyno shown hp on stock twins is 420whp, or thereabouts. They're not really badly sized when you consider our single T3 won't even break 300whp without pushing it way past its limits.

Comment

Working...
                  X