HP what do you think

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HP what do you think

Here is my set up and i was wondering what you guys think it is going to make before i put it all on my car and dyno it?

87 NA
    stock 85 turbo motor and trans
    holset HX35 turbo
    3" thick intercooler piping 2.5"
    3" exhaust
    RX7 550 injectors
    nismo FPR
    NAPA oil cooler
    ported and polished heads
    6 puck ACT clutch
    8.5Lbs Flywheel
    greddy profec b boost controoler set at daily 18
    88 turbo ecu tuned with romulator
    cryo2 intercooler spryer kit
    z32 fuel pump
    russ cam gears ( soon to come )

and i think thats it i dont think i left anything out i am in the prossess of putting the stuff onmy car i dont want to throw everything on my car at once so slowly i am putting it on step by step i just wanted to know what you guys think i am going to make out of it.

I'd guess 310-340...somewhere in there...your tune could have a large influence on the final numbers so I wouldn't be surprised if my guess is way high or way low but it's a ballpark for where I think it should be.

1987 Nissan 300ZX Turbo (Budget Supercar)
    1987 Nissan 200SX SE (Old School FR)
    1994 Nissan Sentra SE-R (Balls To The Wall Track Car)
    2000 Nissan Maxima SE (Daily Driver)
    2006 Scion tC (Wife Whip)

In an ideal world I would have all ten fingers on my left hand, so my right hand could just be a fist for punching.

Comment

i agree with taris blue.

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
      good thing....

Comment

I say 390whp minimum at 18psi on an hx35 with a decent tune.
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote: with a decent tune.
          I would agree that 350+ is in sight but I don't see anything about being able to tune what he has. Without some tuning at 18psi and its all over but the crying. ( you get my drift here )

Here is my prediction without some serious tuning- 310rwhp.

With tuning... yes 350+ could be achieved as long as the stock components hold out. You will find your wink links on the dyno and when you run at that boost level pretty quickly I would imagine.

Best of luck man, you have the components for some nice hp. :wink:
          Just stand back and throw money.
          Performance costs money.
          Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

[quote]OR-Zman wrote:
            Originally posted by SATAN
            with a decent tune.
            I would agree that 350+ is in sight but I don't see anything about being able to tune what he has. Without some tuning at 18psi and its all over but the crying. ( you get my drift here )

Here is my prediction without some serious tuning- 310rwhp.

With tuning... yes 350+ could be achieved as long as the stock components hold out. You will find your wink links on the dyno and when you run at that boost level pretty quickly I would imagine.

Best of luck man, you have the components for some nice hp. :wink:
            cant he tune with his romulator set up that he mentioned? If the HX35 really pushes the air people say it does then I think 390 is easily attainable IF it is tuned. Prolly gonna have to run race gas. He's got the fuel for it, he's got the air for it. he just has to tune for it. The stock N/A internals will hold 400whp if you can keep conservitive timing and richer afr's. I believe Roastin300 did it on an NA with 420cc injectors.

EDIT: just re-read, stock turbo motor. So the high compression wont be an issue then.

Comment

WAIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!! THIS IS TRICK QUESTION!!!!!

He says" what you guys think it is going to make before i put it all on my car and dyno it?"

Comment

LMAO...now that was funny.

I don't think he is trying to trick anyone anymore than I was. He is simply asking what the expected hp results will be given his planned (purchased) mods.

hehehe...still cracking me up man..

Actually I missed the Romulator thing. My prediction still holds though unless he is a Romulator god from birth.

Sure, give him a year and who knows, but Romulator isn't exactly the easiest thing in the world to use from what I understand. Those that have used it can comment better than I can.

hehehe... still cracking up. :wink: Hang on ... it was a trick question.... you are killing me man. :wink:
                Just stand back and throw money.
                Performance costs money.
                Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

Hey SATAN that is funny as hell thinking i was asking a trick question i will reword my questions better next time, on the other hand thanks to all that have been replying to my post on the tunning subject i have been tunning my buddies 94 civic soch with turbo at 13Lbs with the romulator on my local dyno jet and at the begginging it was hard but i started getting use to all the tunning of the fuel maps and ignition maps and what not i was just wondering what the more experenced z owners think that i could make on my small build i hope to get close to the 400 number but i dont know how the z acts to mods. I was also thinking of using a gutted intake manifold and mybe a little bit more boost for like a dyno queen pull or all out pull just for numbers what do you think with a safe but not to safe tune and 25 lbs would do with this set up? thanks

Comment

wileyz31 wrote: Hey SATAN that is funny as hell thinking i was asking a trick question i will reword my questions better next time, on the other hand thanks to all that have been replying to my post on the tunning subject i have been tunning my buddies 94 civic soch with turbo at 13Lbs with the romulator on my local dyno jet and at the begginging it was hard but i started getting use to all the tunning of the fuel maps and ignition maps and what not i was just wondering what the more experenced z owners think that i could make on my small build i hope to get close to the 400 number but i dont know how the z acts to mods. I was also thinking of using a gutted intake manifold and mybe a little bit more boost for like a dyno queen pull or all out pull just for numbers what do you think with a safe but not to safe tune and 25 lbs would do with this set up? thanks
                    i think your z31 AFM would be maxing out.... easy fix...

Comment

Yeah, throw it in the trash and get a standalone and go with a map sensor
                      http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

ya the MAF would be replaced with a z32 or a cobra one but what do you mean by a Map sensor 300zxt, i know that hondas have them but how would you put one on a z31 and where all hondas are on the TB.

Comment

wileyz31 wrote: ya the MAF would be replaced with a z32 or a cobra one but what do you mean by a Map sensor 300zxt, i know that hondas have them but how would you put one on a z31 and where all hondas are on the TB.
                          When you run a stand alone engine management system you usually have the option of running a map sensor or a maf sensor. The map is usually more desirable.

You dont want a honda map sensor as it is only one bar (14.7psi) thats atmosphere. To run one bar of boost 14.7psi you would need a two bar map sensor. 0ne bar for the atmospheric pressure and one bar for your boost. To run 18psi of boost you would need a 3 bar map sensor.
                          In order to run a map sensor your ecu also needs to know the temperature of the incoming air.
                          you cant install a map sensor inplace of a maf sensor on a stock z31 computer. I dont even think you can do it on any sort of upgraded z31 computer.

Comment

wileyz31 wrote: ya the MAF would be replaced with a z32 or a cobra one but what do you mean by a Map sensor 300zxt, i know that hondas have them but how would you put one on a z31 and where all hondas are on the TB.
                            Why put a FuckedOverRebuiltDodge part on your Nissan, just get the massive VH45DE maf.

I'm guessing your in the ballpark of 300-380. It's all in the tune bro. I've never used Romulator.
                            Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

SATAN is on the money there, it couldn't be done on the stock Z31 computer. Idealy it's the best setup though, it's one less restriction in the intake and one less expensive part to fail and it's something that your car will never out grow besides having to upgrade the map sensor at certain power levels if required.

Most standalone ems's provide their own map sensors for a price, they're usually fairly cheap though... The ems itself is what's going to cost you, last I checked map sensors usually run around $100 or so depending on where you get it and what kind of ems you get. It depends how serious you want to get really, just running a larger maf is usually enough for most people.

For some more basic information about em, check out http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manifold_absolute_pressure
                              http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Working...
                              X