thoughts on retainers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• thoughts on retainers

ok i found a set of ferea valvesprings that come with aluminum/magnesium retainers. anyone know of their reliability? i have only used steel and titanium so have no clue what the aluminum/mag units can take. not too bad of a deal 800 for springs and locators and retainers but like i said i dunno anything about these retainers.
    live fast,drive hard,and enjoy the ride!

I would think that aluminum would be to Mallible(sp) for long term use in an engine. What is the application?
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Didn't think there would be a aluminum retainer. Any idea on what % of it is aluminum/magnesium?

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

SATAN wrote: I would think that aluminum would be to Mallible(sp) for long term use in an engine. What is the application?
        well these are for my det i saw a spring kit that comes with the locators ahich i need and alum/mag retainers. the kit is from ferea i dont know why but they offer same kit for the 350z with ti retainers im going to call monday and ask if i can substitute the ti retainers instead. im just worried about the getting fatigued and shattering. the engine will see 7000 rpm or better so.
        Attached Files
        live fast,drive hard,and enjoy the ride!

Comment

I have heard some horror stories like Tempy dropping a valve into his newly built engine (vg30et though)... Compare the price to what they really offer you. They are absolutely NOT worth it, nor are they a good value.

Comment

yeah, go Ti for the retainers

Comment

Working...
            X