KING engine bearings??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• KING engine bearings??

My NA motor im using to do a NA2t conversion has about 220,000 miles on it. Im gonna do it on the cheap so im thinking im just gonna hone it out and throw some new piston rings and bearings in it. Im wondering if you guys have any info or feedback on these bearings. Its not gonna be anything too serious just a mostly stock NA2T converion. I found them on ebay for cheap, should i just throw these in or save for somthing a bit more well known. I dont wanna have failed bearings within 20,000 miles, if it even makes it that long.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/King-...spagenameZWD1V

Z31SPL wrote: My NA motor im using to do a NA2t conversion has about 220,000 miles on it. Im gonna do it on the cheap so im thinking im just gonna hone it out and throw some new piston rings and bearings in it. Im wondering if you guys have any info or feedback on these bearings. Its not gonna be anything too serious just a mostly stock NA2T converion. I found them on ebay for cheap, should i just throw these in or save for somthing a bit more well known. I dont wanna have failed bearings within 20,000 miles, if it even makes it that long.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/King-...spagenameZWD1V
    I don't have any input on King bearings but I am curious why you want to replace the bearings at all.

Comment

Bearings aren't too terribly expensive. I run clevit bearings. Mains cost me like 40 bucks. I run nissan rod bearings about $60. If I remember right. Everyone recomends the nissan main bearings. You have to match the number of the bearings with the numbers stamped on the block. If you do this the dealer can tell you which bearings you would need.

Like I said, I run clevit.
      85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
      04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

if that engine has been serviced well.. the bearings are probably like new. I did a bunch of plastigaugeing on my engine at 185000 and everything was well within factory specs, i mean toward the tight side of factory spec.. it had been get beat on for 75000 miles.. 15k of which it was boosted. first thing i would do is plastigauge a few things.. if they look good... onward.... boost

12.88 @ 114 mph.. in a 91 maxima at 14 psi

Comment

they look like they have seen better days, i havnt plastigaged them yet though. ill see wat happens

Comment

yea, unless they look perfect.. i would replace them. I still have to see ones that dont look perfect myself. Good luck

12.88 @ 114 mph.. in a 91 maxima at 14 psi

Comment

Working...
            X