Smaller turbine housings for holsets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Smaller turbine housings for holsets?

After purchasing my H1C that comes with a monster 21cm^2 turbine housing, I figured it was time to look into smaller housings. It is not too hard to find 16, 14, and 12cm wastegated and non wastegated housings from Hx35s, WH1C and what not, but upon further research I ran across bullseye turbine housings. They are stainless steel and said to be smaller than 9cm^2. Would this be too small for the VG30? I think housings of this size are usually meant for 4 cylinder cars (2.0-2.4L), but it might help the laggy boost issues. I went to bullseye's website and found this place that sells them for $140: http://www.theturbotrader.com/product_i ... ucts_id=36
    It seems like a good deal to me. You can get a very nice H1C for 150 dollars or so, then spend 140 on a housing like this and probably have a turbo that spools faster than an HX35. I might take this route, let me know what you think everyone....

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

enjoyrth wrote: After purchasing my H1C that comes with a monster 21cm^2 turbine housing, I figured it was time to look into smaller housings. It is not too hard to find 16, 14, and 12cm wastegated and non wastegated housings from Hx35s, WH1C and what not, but upon further research I ran across bullseye turbine housings. They are stainless steel and said to be smaller than 9cm^2. Would this be too small for the VG30? I think housings of this size are usually meant for 4 cylinder cars (2.0-2.4L), but it might help the laggy boost issues. I went to bullseye's website and found this place that sells them for $140: http://www.theturbotrader.com/product_i ... ucts_id=36
    It seems like a good deal to me. You can get a very nice H1C for 150 dollars or so, then spend 140 on a housing like this and probably have a turbo that spools faster than an HX35. I might take this route, let me know what you think everyone....
    I dont know the conversions off of the top of my head but I will tell you to figure it out and not to go too small. In my opinion a .63 with a stage 3 wheel is the SMALLEST that should be put on a z31 with a larger than stock turbo. That would be for an auto cross application where you need the quick spool up but not a lot of top end.

Just remember back pressure = heat. Heats is the fastest way to detonation.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
    X