Im scared of b00st.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Worn suspension (200,000 miles)
    Z rated tires (back tires no thread, belts showing lol)
    New Brakes In front, perfect in back.
    I used to do 145mph runs on the highway EVERY day on the way to work, of course I couldnt get THAT fast every time, but its not bad, the steering wheel "play" is not to bad either, so if i need to switch lanes going quickly I can do it calmly without killing myself, a while back a COUCH was in the middle of my lane and I was traveling 130mph, talk about incoming object.

I personally think i can handle it, I wont wreck this car, Its got an open diff so its not like im going to go sideways or anything...
    If someone else hits me its another story.

Its crazy, how can stock boost make my car go from "driveable and slow" to unbelievably fast, it makes me re-think about how fast SATAN or the other guys are...
    I HAVE been given in a ride in 300-350rwhp cars including a 280ZX Turbo on 16 pounds, they were VERY fast cars, but the torque curves were SO flat and linear that it didnt seem all so quick.
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
    ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Comment

1SIKZ31 wrote:

I personally think i can handle it, I wont wreck this car, Its got an open diff so its not like im going to go sideways or anything...
      as i said.. clueless

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
        Originally posted by 1SIKZ31
        Brand New Turbo Radiator w/ electric Fan I forgot to mention...

SRT-4's are high 13 low 14 second cars... I hung with one and then later beat it very slightly.

The rush on my Z is SO much greater compared to a 7.8 motor, it has GOBS of endless torque, its so damn scary.

and yes I top out before 30 seconds I didnt think about that lol.
        Last night hit the speed limiter at 137mph, sucked, my NA was faster than this... that is... until I snip the purple wire... wheres the purple wire? :?
        Why do you need to go faster that 137 mph? Thats not exactly slow. Is you suspension up to snuff for going that fast? How bout the brakes? or the tires? Or your driving skill? I dont remember all of the ins and outs of your car.

All i'm saying is just chill out and take it easy. Obviously this increase in power has scrambled your brain because its somthing you have never experienced before. Chill out and learn to drive the car with that much power before you start pushing your limits. Dont get dead!

Comment

good deal, 130+mph with belts showing and a 20 year old suspension

Comment

1SIKZ31 wrote: Worn suspension (200,000 miles)
            I used to do 145mph runs on the highway EVERY day on the way to work,*snip

a while back a COUCH was in the middle of my lane and I was traveling 130mph, talk about incoming object.
            *snip
            I personally think i can handle it, I wont wreck this car, .
            Jesus christ! Doing this once and a while and bragging about it is one thing and is bad enough. But everyday? you are a danger to the public. Now that I have a kid, knowing there are people like you out there will give me nightmares.....
            You need to go back to driving school! Do you know what reaction time is? Do you know how much it reduces with increased speed? WTF?

fyi...Kinetic energy increases with the square of velocity... Add human flesh to that equation and see what you get.
            I agree with chris. You need to be not driving.
            http://www.vgpowered.com
            Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

I don't think he's going to be killing himself in a 14 second car.

Dude, your shit is slow. It's going to be faster than a stock turbo Z because it has higher compression.

You have been racing slow cars. You need to start doing some real mods.
              86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

StreetFighter wrote: I don't think he's going to be killing himself in a 14 second car.

Dude, your shit is slow. It's going to be faster than a stock turbo Z because it has higher compression.

You have been racing slow cars. You need to start doing some real mods.
                Do you realize that it doesnt matter how much you can accelerate when it comes to kinetic energy.
                You Z with it's HX35 and 300 some odd horses going 145Mph is just as deadly as a NA Z going the same speed of the same mass. It's all the same when the shit hits the fan. There's no reason for this shit. Stop it already, it doesnt prove anything...unless your trying to prove your an asshole.

Comment

Sure you can wreck at any speed no matter how fast your car accelerates
                  But your way more likley to make a serious mess if your driving a 120+MPH Trapping car vs a 95MPH car.
                  And if I see some fucktard blowing by me in traffic ill hope he meets a gaurdrail no matter what he drives.
                  Putting your own life in danger is fine with me but putting mine and others lives in danger isnt.

The bottom line is save speeding for the track or late night pulls
                  2005 whore magnet

Comment

Well, a ticket at that speed will slow you down for sure.

An open diff can be worse in my opinion at certain times. When it starts to unload to one side and then the other and then the other. Just like "WTF!!?!?". Gets you going both ways really fast

Don't be busting retarded shit on your illegal tires and fucked up suspension.

Shit the only time i went 130 was at 4:40 in the morning with no cars around with new tires and I was intercooled.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

MrwassmanNA2T wrote: Well, a ticket at that speed will slow you down for sure.

An open diff can be worse in my opinion at certain times. When it starts to unload to one side and then the other and then the other. Just like "WTF!!?!?". Gets you going both ways really fast

Don't be busting retarded shit on your illegal tires and fucked up suspension.

Shit the only time i went 130 was at 4:40 in the morning with no cars around with new tires and I was intercooled.
                      Although dangerous, we all do that once and a while. Most would disagree but I think its fun to do that on occasion when no one is around and then come here and boast about it. But jesus, if you tell me your doing that daily as a way of commuting then I think you shouldnt be endangering others by driving. That shows extreme lack of judgement. I hope the day you hit a pot hole on your 140mph commute home, spin out on a blown tire and go flying into a ditch and get killed from the impact because the Z has no airbags, it will be on a road less travelled and with no one around for 10 miles. And I pray for my newborn's sake that you never come to california.
                      Thats all I have to say.

Comment

Your mental!

I dont know what your roads are like. But when I was seeing how fast my na z could go when I first got it. Out on the highway at night doing 210kph got scarey when the 22 year old suspension was just preloading and bouncing me off the bumps. Since then...yeah no.

Thats scarey man...I'm glad you dont drive on roads by me. No offense or anything, but seriously. That is pretty scarey when there might be people around doing the limit.

Comment

[quote]Chris86NA2T wrote:
                          Originally posted by 1SIKZ31

as i said.. clueless
                          Haha totally clueless, you can still go sideways you dolt!
                          http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

cut him some slack , im sure hes not going that fast when theres other cars on the road going half the speed he is . that would just be mental...

i don't mind getting on it and getting up to 100 - 110 mph on the on/off-ramps while on my way home/work , normally theyre followed by a big slow down to about 60-65 mph ..... i only do it when theres nobody in front of me for quite a distance ,normally its all the speed fix i need for the rest of the drive .

Comment

I will say that after having owned/driven both a 7.8 turbo and a 9.0 turbo car, the NA2T FELT a LOT quicker because of the way that the power built.
                              Funny stories!

Comment

It does not matter what speed you are going, anyone can still cause an accident. I did. In the empty coldesac that is round I decided to go sideways around. My dumbass got crazy and hit the curb with the front wheel at 25mph and bent the shit out of the suspension.

So it can happen anytime that I or you are a dumbass.

Comment

Working...
                                X