Im scared of b00st.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is hilarious.

The last thing we need is another young asshole who "thinks he can drive" going 145 mph down the highway every day endangering everyone around him because he feels invincible.

:roll:

Comment

I don't think anyone really commented on your reliability question so I'll say this:

30 seconds in boost = bad for charge temps
      knock = bad
      10PSI on 9:1 is pushing the knock threshold pretty close on premium fuel

Do a compression check. If compression is good and fairly equal there's one less reason to suspect the engine will ever let you down. If oil pressure is good and it does not develop any knocks, drive it. I beat the piss out of a a 260K mile turbo engine for over a year at 383rwhp, and I only really replaced it for something better that was in the works.

As for how fast it feels... I felt the same way back when I first went turbo. It will wear off, but you will enjoy it in the process.

Comment

you're going to cause an accident, retard

get the fuck off the road before you kill someone.

how old are you? 16?

Comment

Well guys, blew the motor.

Stayed in boost for 30-40 seconds (on stock boost).
          Around 5000'ish rpms in 5th gear engine started hesistating and making a sound, but I kept in it (un-experienced for hearing detonation) and continued until speed limiter (fuel cut).

After that I put it in nuetral coasting down in speed and the motor turned off (instead of idle'ing) so I re-started it, got off the freeway and the motor sounded weird as hell, it made a "exhaust leak" engine tone and power went up and down even with linear throttle.

Popped the hood, BOTH breather filters were SMOKING HEAVY blue smoke, ran a compression test, 160 for ALL cylinders, cylinder 2 DEAD, only 40PSI, did a wet test got 70PSI, two of the spark plug electrodes were GONE, like not even there anymore, and the motor now smokes HEAVILY, eats up oil.

I blew it. Thats what I get for being stupid I guess..

*Update, motor stopped smoking out of the breathers after a day of driving, and runs perfect and strong again, will do a compression test on that dead cylinder again, to see what happened, because its running strong again... (only sign is engine smokes blue upon WOT out the downpipe.
          1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
          ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
          1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

Comment

Your poor car, just sell it already...
            http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

:shock:

Comment

all that work down the drain, your an idiot what did u have it running for like 3 days and u drove it into the ground.

Comment

ha ha ha... im glad you were able to trash your car without killing anyone else. lets hope the motor is indeed trashed, and you have no money to fix it.

Comment

Oil burn off residue is probally just building up where your leaking compression (piston rings) giving you sighlty better compression. That wont last very long.
                    1986 Current build
                    HX35/40 60mm wheel,480cc injectors,nistune, spearco 2-221,6 puck,walbro fp,solid cross and diff,jason motor mounts,poly everywhere else.

Comment

D.A. I hope this taught you a lesson

Comment

1SIKZ31 wrote: Well guys, blew the motor.

:shock: HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LMFAOWTFROFl HAHAHAHA :lol:
                        http://www.vgpowered.com
                        Bridging the gap between VG communities...

Z shirts and more http://www.cafepress.com/zcargifts

Comment

1SIKZ31 wrote: I blew it. Thats what I get for being stupid I guess..

*Update, motor stopped smoking out of the breathers after a day of driving, and runs perfect and strong again, will do a compression test on that dead cylinder again, to see what happened, because its running strong again... (only sign is engine smokes blue upon WOT out the downpipe.
                          Been there, done that. I guess you didn't listen to my or anyone else's advice, but that's a common mistake people make when they are new at things so I won't rag on you for it.

Look on the bright side... you get to go find a junkyard motor. Swap it out. Consider that your big learning experience, and don't do it again.

Comment

Working...
                          X