Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im scared of b00st.

As you all know, I have done NA2T.
    Im running stock boost with a cone filter, and open downpipe.
    The car is BEYOND a night and day diffrence, its astonishing, simply amazing, but I just recently finished up breaking in the clutch, it GRABS HARD by the way (DXD Stage One Rally series) and the pressure plate is SUPER stiff (a good thing).

Now I have 200,000 Miles on the stock block, I want to know exactly how reliable is this motor? I understand its on a stock ECU so nothing can really go wrong, but its kind of scary (damn I think I sound like an idiot), I dont really know how to explain it but want to know exactly how long I can stay in boost, how long to let it idle to cool it down, how often Should I change oil? What general maintenance things are added to the car when I go turbo... just the general questions.
    Hope I dont sound like a jackass

Stock Boost
    Open Downpipe
    22BTDC
    Cone Filter
    9:1 Compression Motor
    NGK coppers gapped at .040 I believe.

I took a ride in a stock turbo Z today (7.8:1 motor of course) everything bone stock and I dont know if its me or what but the torque isnt there... AT ALL. and its not like an acceleration rush, its more linear and VERY smooth powerband instead of a fierce rush like in my car.

Ran a 06-07' 350Z Automatic from 70 roll I kept it in 4th and pulled and held a fender until 110mph, theres no way in hell im that fast, am I ?

Ran SRT-4 Unknown Mods with open exhaust 40-110 short shifting and tied him, ran again and started inching him and took the victory.

This car is unbelievable.
    The question is, how reliable? :? :P
    1SIKZ31 -86 SlickTop- R.I.P. 03/01/10 ... Parted out :-(
    ... New Project: LS1 Miata. Complete. 510whp. 2500lbs.
    1 Month Away from Rear Mount 76 --> 650-700whp.

You will probably blow it up tomorrow. J/K

The feel of the thrill will soon fade as you get used to the car. Maybe not soon but it will eventually.

You block will be fine as long as nothing is wore out too far on the block and as long as you are not a jack ass and ask too much from the system that is currently set up.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

SATAN wrote: You will probably blow it up tomorrow. J/K

The feel of the thrill will soon fade as you get used to the car. Maybe not soon but it will eventually.

You block will be fine as long as nothing is wore out too far on the block and as long as you are not a jack ass and ask too much from the system that is currently set up.
      Next Week 10psi. explain a little more in depth

Comment

[quote]1SIKZ31 wrote:
        Originally posted by SATAN
        You will probably blow it up tomorrow. J/K

Next Week 10psi. explain a little more in depth
        Give it 2 weeks, you'll be like: "I NEEEEED a BIGGER turbo"

3000 mile oil changes whould do, it you weren't boosting don't worry to much about how long you let it idle. If you were doing donuts, and then turned your car right off, that is what you don't want to do.

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

how about dependability and reliability?
          How long (on 10psi) can I stay in to boost for? (NO intercooler)
          After long periods of boost (30+ seconds) how long should I let her cool down?

And why am I beating LOW 14 high 13 second cars from a roll, I dont understand? my car feels FAST but I KNOW its not 13 second fast.
          This is weird, im SO confused on how fast I am on stock boost right now...

Comment

maybe 14.6 or something close

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

a 350z is not a low 14 or high13 car.

You wont be able to stay in boost for 30 seconds. You will top out before that.

Dont do a lot of big burn outs or high load runs with little air flow to the radiator. I assume you still have the na radiator?

Turn your boost up a little at a time dont just jump to 10 psi and gun it. When you do turn it up be patient and listen to what the car is telling you. It will let you know if it doesnt like how you are treating it. Not every car is exactly the same with what it can take. Yeah its a ball park but you still have to be cautious.

Comment

Aw, a boost noob... How cute he thinks his car is fast lol
                http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

Brand New Turbo Radiator w/ electric Fan I forgot to mention...

SRT-4's are high 13 low 14 second cars... I hung with one and then later beat it very slightly.

The rush on my Z is SO much greater compared to a 7.8 motor, it has GOBS of endless torque, its so damn scary.

and yes I top out before 30 seconds I didnt think about that lol.
                  Last night hit the speed limiter at 137mph, sucked, my NA was faster than this... that is... until I snip the purple wire... wheres the purple wire? :?

Comment

1SIKZ31 wrote: Brand New Turbo Radiator w/ electric Fan I forgot to mention...

SRT-4's are high 13 low 14 second cars... I hung with one and then later beat it very slightly.

The rush on my Z is SO much greater compared to a 7.8 motor, it has GOBS of endless torque, its so damn scary.

and yes I top out before 30 seconds I didnt think about that lol.
                    Last night hit the speed limiter at 137mph, sucked, my NA was faster than this... that is... until I snip the purple wire... wheres the purple wire? :?
                    Why do you need to go faster that 137 mph? Thats not exactly slow. Is you suspension up to snuff for going that fast? How bout the brakes? or the tires? Or your driving skill? I dont remember all of the ins and outs of your car.

All i'm saying is just chill out and take it easy. Obviously this increase in power has scrambled your brain because its somthing you have never experienced before. Chill out and learn to drive the car with that much power before you start pushing your limits. Dont get dead!

Comment

you are going to total your car in the near future.. you are clueless. someone should take away your car or drivers license.. or both

Comment

Listen to SATAN, otherwise I see a fresh NA2T wreck for sale in the near future lol
                        http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

you raced from a roll, and the SRT-4 was probably driven by an idiot

your car is probably good for mid 14s with a really good launch

bench racing/drag times are useless on the street, hell, at the drags Wassman was at, the STi he raced ran a fucking 15 something

Comment

Don't forget to do the dirver mods. Autox and advanced driver ed events are well worth the money and fun, too.
                            Chuck Stong
                            300+ Parts and Performance owner
                            http://www.300-plus.com
                            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

1SIKZ31 wrote: how about dependability and reliability?
                              How long (on 10psi) can I stay in to boost for? (NO intercooler)
                              After long periods of boost (30+ seconds) how long should I let her cool down?

And why am I beating LOW 14 high 13 second cars from a roll, I dont understand? my car feels FAST but I KNOW its not 13 second fast.
                              This is weird, im SO confused on how fast I am on stock boost right now...
                              in a few weeks when i take you around in my car you will think yours is na again :P
                              Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

Comment

Working...
                              X