Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Figured I would show you guys my turbo install.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

haha

Comment

What diameter is the exhaust extension you made? Couldn't tell by the pics, do you have some bracketing to support the turbo besides the extension?

I also think the -6 oil feed could be trouble. The oil return is gravity fed. Gasoline engines 65-80 psi oil pressure compared to diesel engines. -4 probably the biggest you want. Too much oil under that pressure, it has to go somewhere, probably somewhere you don't want.

Comment

I made the adapter out of 2-1/4" pipe. Like 88hybrid used, he chose that diameter so that the gas maintains a higher velocity to spool the turbo.
        As for a support to hold the turbo, what I did and you can see here.

Is I made a little braket that I bolted the turbo too. I used a little bushing on that so that the turbo can actually pivot a bit. I was told I should have some free movement for the turbo to accomodate expansion due to the heat in the pipes.

So whether or not that little pivot is enough, it holds a majority of the weight.

Now that line, I do regret using one that large. I think what I might do is use a restrictor or something to limit the ammount of oil thatline feeds. Or, one day when I feel like wasting another 70$ on a line, I'll just make a smaller one.

Comment

Yes, those lines can add up to real money.

Nice job though. Simple and effective.

Comment

[quote]autoworkZ wrote:
            Originally posted by Neil86t
            Love the turbo setup. I wish I could do that but i would miss my A/C too much Being in Alabama with a Black on Black car is no fun in the summer.
            pussy :lol:
            Hey I drove it around for three summers w/o A/C and then I finally fixed it! It was just a wire from the condensor to the wiring harness that got ripped off! And I found that in October of last year so i have not had the chance to use the A/C yet and I can't wait!

You are what you eat! 8)
            Elitist Prick Black Z owner.
            1986 300zx Turbo
            2011 Ford F150 Super Crew 4x2 EcoBOOST
            1985 Toyota 4Runner, locked, lifted, geared, uglied.

Comment

I'm just wanting some opinions here;

I have been reading far more than I have been playing with my car. Its been so cold and snowy lately I haven't exactly had the chance to tune my car.

Now I am just curious about this bov set up. I understand the general consensus is that a bov on a mafs equipped car will causes some problems.

problems which I think I am experiencing. When I down shift to a stop, or free rev the engine, it stumbles like crazy...hunts around rpms and wants to stall. presumably because of that rich running scenario because of the vented air.

But people seem to run bovs on mafs system cars okay for the most part.

I have read about recirculating the bov, and even running the mafs after the bov behind the turbo as a blow through set up.

The car just runs strange right now. Looking for ideas on the bov set up.
              Like I said, I have been sitting on the computer drinking more beer and searching for ideas more so than actually trying things on the car due to the.... awful winter thing.

Comment

The vented bov on my car works fine. Never stalls. Maybe yours is not sealing well? Block it off if you can and see if your problem goes away.
                Chuck Stong
                300+ Parts and Performance owner
                http://www.300-plus.com
                2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Even if you think it's running right, it could still be running rich. It could get down to 12.0:1 without you feeling it. If it's actually bogging down the motor, then I would say it's 10:1 or lower. Running that rich all the time will wash down the cylinders, and even get through the rings and mix with your oil, causing it to break down faster.

A MAF will not read positive pressure either. So putting it after the turbo is not a good idea.

You really need to just run a tube from the bov to the turbo compr. inlet.

Or convert to MAP. :wink:
                  1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
                  2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

In what part of the North are you living

Comment

North and me?

I live in edmonton alberta if you are asking me.

But anyway, I did recirculate the bov and the car stopped bogging out at stops which was nice.

Also fixed my timing, turns out my chts got unplugged somehow. Must have yanked on it while checking my plugs and ...accidently pulled it out. Anyway, that made life even sweeter.

But, I do believe I have a head gasket on its way out. So boo, oh well. Its not summer just yet so who cares.

Comment

Working...
                      X