HY35

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HY35

im about to buy a hy35 and was wondering if anyone has some tips on installing it, aswell does anyone have a some pictures of a HY35 in the engine bay.
    im also looking intio getting a megasquirt system with some 800 or 1000cc injectors!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

onefast87 wrote: im about to buy a hy35 and was wondering if anyone has some tips on installing it, aswell does anyone have a some pictures of a HY35 in the engine bay.
    im also looking intio getting a megasquirt system with some 800 or 1000cc injectors!
    Is the HX35 and the HY35 really so different that you need pic specifically of the HY35? There's the whole sticky of the HX35 install which I cant see being too different than the HY35.

Becarful how big you go on injectors. You can go too big. What would happen is your stand alone wont be able to pulse them for a short enough period for idle rpm's. I run 850cc and havnt had a problem but I cant speak for 1000cc's. You may have to kick your idle up a bit.
    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

http://www.ibconceptions.com/z/upload/holset/thumbs.php

If youre looking for some major power I would suggest going with something with a bit larger exhaust side.

Comment

Stinky wrote: http://www.ibconceptions.com/z/upload/holset/thumbs.php

If youre looking for some major power I would suggest going with something with a bit larger exhaust side.
        I dont think he wants major power, I just think he wants major injectors :lol:
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

the holset is just cheap alternative until i get a huge turbo
          http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

they say that the calculations for injectors are roughly 100cc's + 100 hp's
            soo unless you are planing on running 1000hp you may be doing a little overkill with the injectors . look at SATAN he has a HUGE turbo and hes going to push more that 700hp worth of air easily on a fully built engine and his injectors are only 850cc's, soo yeah overkill for you .... overkill...

not to mention your entire fuel system will have to be upgraded as well to actually flow 6000cc's of gas (1000cc x 6 injectors) and that on a stock block you wont be able to make much more than 500hp before you melt a piston.

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: they say that the calculations for injectors are roughly 100cc's + 100 hp's
              soo unless you are planing on running 1000hp you may be doing a little overkill with the injectors . look at SATAN he has a HUGE turbo and hes going to push more that 700hp worth of air easily on a fully built engine and his injectors are only 850cc's, soo yeah overkill for you .... overkill...

not to mention your entire fuel system will have to be upgraded as well to actually flow 6000cc's of gas (1000cc x 6 injectors) and that on a stock block you wont be able to make much more than 500hp before you melt a piston.
              good injector calculation is injector CCs/5*# of cylinders, got that from a local engine builder

Comment

[quote]Andrevas wrote:
                Originally posted by 2+2turbo

not to mention your entire fuel system will have to be upgraded as well to actually flow 6000cc's of gas (1000cc x 6 injectors) and that on a stock block you wont be able to make much more than 500hp before you melt a piston.good injector calculation is injector CCs/5*# of cylinders, got that from a local engine builder
                mmmkay so 1000cc injectors is good for 1200 hp . a little more than i expected...

Comment

[quote]2+2turbo wrote: [quote=Andrevas]
                  Originally posted by 2+2turbo:f44dd

not to mention your entire fuel system will have to be upgraded as well to actually flow 6000cc's of gas (1000cc x 6 injectors) and that on a stock block you wont be able to make much more than 500hp before you melt a piston.good injector calculation is injector CCs/5*# of cylinders, got that from a local engine builder
                  mmmkay so 1000cc injectors is good for 1200 hp . a little more than i expected...[/quote:f44dd]
                  honestly I can't backup that claim

but I just felt like throwing that formula out

Comment

Working...
                  X