Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SS CNC Machined Exhaust Manifold Flanges available (Updated)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

84z31 wrote: so are these individual flanges for each exhaust port, or one flange per cylinder head?

just wondering why they are so expensive. i know SS is expensive, but damn.
    Its one Flange per Head

Expensive?
    Not really this is very cheap for the quantity im making keep in mind this is for 2 Flanges.

It only gets cheaper when I start ordering enough steel for Quantitys of 50+ Flanges and that will never happen in this community
    2005 whore magnet

Comment

50 dollars per flange is pretty damn good. I spent about 10 hours making a flange out of mild steel, and it does not look nearly as nice as a CNC machined flanged would look:

That would have been about 5 dollars an hour for the labor without subtracting the cost of the steel and not taking into consideration how much nicer a CNC machined flange would look....

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

Comment

yeah, i keep forgetting its 1/2" as well. would it be any cheaper to go with 3/8". thats still pretty thick and still won't warp, if you know how to weld it right.

i think Z31 guys are poor for the most part or just really love the car.

how long until you will know when you will have an order. how many orders are you looking to do before you have them cut out?

Comment

you're not suppose to file them out. no wonder it took so long!
          :lol:

enjoyrth wrote: 50 dollars per flange is pretty damn good. I spent about 10 hours making a flange out of mild steel, and it does not look nearly as nice as a CNC machined flanged would look:

That would have been about 5 dollars an hour for the labor without subtracting the cost of the steel and not taking into consideration how much nicer a CNC machined flange would look....

Comment

84z31 wrote: you're not suppose to file them out. no wonder it took so long!
            :lol:
            Son of a bitch, why didnt you chime in earlier?

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

Comment

i was thinking if you were to cut out a flange for each exhaust port it would be much cheaper, and easier to to sell these. i was thinking about equal length headers for each side, then piping them to the turbo.

Comment

84z31 wrote: yeah, i keep forgetting its 1/2" as well. would it be any cheaper to go with 3/8". thats still pretty thick and still won't warp, if you know how to weld it right.

i think Z31 guys are poor for the most part or just really love the car.

how long until you will know when you will have an order. how many orders are you looking to do before you have them cut out?
                It wouldnt be significantly cheaper with 3/8, the extra few bucks will be worth it for the thicker steel.
                The order is already in and paid for they should be ready to ship in 2 weeks or so.
                2005 whore magnet

Comment

84z31 wrote: i was thinking if you were to cut out a flange for each exhaust port it would be much cheaper, and easier to to sell these.
                  It wouldnt be cheaper in fact it would probably cost more as there is 6 seperate flanges instead of two which will make it way more labor intensive.
                  2005 whore magnet

Comment

Exhaust!!!

That seems to be a fair price... I just made some myself... I don't have a CNC machine but I do have a plasma cutter and some old manifolds to go by it took a little bit of time but anything is possible when you put your mind to it... I live in Canada and working in Heating and cooling the price of metal has gone up 70%...with that said I got more than enough mild steel to make 2 sets of EX Mans... for about 30-40 bucks...so in the states he is not asking a price out of this world... this is just my opinion...

DMANN
                    88na2T-s13,q45 swap 12.6@110mph
                    87T 2+2 auto,stock

Comment

Count me in for a SS set.
                      Just stand back and throw money.
                      Performance costs money.
                      Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I will take a set in SS Steve. Thanks for setting this up and offering them to the community.

Comment

I would really be interested in a complete manifold/header setup.
                          Chuck Stong
                          300+ Parts and Performance owner
                          http://www.300-plus.com
                          2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Firehawk wrote: I would really be interested in a complete manifold/header setup.
                            Ditto.

Comment

[quote]MikeZ wrote:
                              Originally posted by Firehawk
                              I would really be interested in a complete manifold/header setup.
                              Ditto.
                              I will be cooking something up in the next few months
                              2005 whore magnet

Comment

Re: SS CNC Machined Exhaust Manifold Flanges available soon

SteveZ31 wrote: Details: ... 1/2" Thick.
                                That is a bit thick for my SS studs. Stock flange thickness is between
                                0.457 and 0.463" ,but I'm sure I can make the 0.50" work if I do a bit
                                of custom machining after I receive them.

Comment

Working...
                                X