Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

prices for head work, 3angle and surfaces...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• prices for head work, 3angle and surfaces...

I was callin around here in socal and i got a quote from a well known shop for $160 for both heads. just tryin to compare prices to anyone ive never done this before so im not sure what to expect ,but it seems very reasonable to me.

4cfedz31 wrote: I was callin around here in socal and i got a quote from a well known shop for $160 for both heads. just tryin to compare prices to anyone ive never done this before so im not sure what to expect ,but it seems very reasonable to me.
    that sounds like an incredible price.. i paid over 400 for a three angle and an 8 thousandths resurface on my l28 stroker head.. but i live on long island where everything is 4 times the normal price..

Comment

where in SoCal are you located?

Comment

If I remember right it was around $200 here in Houston a few years back. The shop said the heads appeared to have a 3 angle cut from the factory. Anybody else ever heard that?
        Attached Files

Comment

im located in thousand oaks, 30 min NW of L.A.

Comment

4cfedz31 wrote: im located in thousand oaks, 30 min NW of L.A.
            Mrwassman used to work for Auto Pro in Santa Barbara (where we are from and currently hanging out at)

he could put you in touch with his boss

Comment

jn1cz wrote: The shop said the heads appeared to have a 3 angle cut from the factory. Anybody else ever heard that?
              Yes, they do. There is always room for improvement, though.

Comment

[quote]JustinCase wrote:
                Originally posted by jn1cz
                The shop said the heads appeared to have a 3 angle cut from the factory. Anybody else ever heard that?
                Yes, they do. There is always room for improvement, though.
                Good point bro.

Three Angle valve jobs have been around since long before my ass was born. If your doing a complete rebuild it's always a good idea to do a three angle valve job the same way that it's a good idea to remove the lip(.020) from a block when your adding new pistons.

The member Steve does three and even Five angle valves jobs and PNP's heads. I'd love to hear how much he charges.
                Ucked Fup!!!

Comment

Working...
                X