boost leak maybe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• boost leak maybe

i think i have a boost leak because when i was done with my swap and i drove it the car ran nice and it pulled hella hard so i know it was boostin the only problem was a bad radiator and it was overheating but i replaced the radiator,so i drove it alot for awhile before it would start to overheat so i used up alot of gas and had no money to get more,so oneday im drivin with almost no gas then i pull through 1st hit 2nd i pull about up to 3800 rpms and then she starts spudderin and hesitatin.

so i thought i was low on gas so i finally put more in but it still hesitates and at idle its not smooth anymore when i rev it and i can kinda hear air comin out somewhere under the tb,i was thinkin maybe the car was runnin off all the dirty fuel that was probably at the bottom of the tank and maybe i clogged up the fuel filter idk so what you think man thanks for ur time to
    87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

you might of poped a headgasket.Moniter your oil for water for the next few days.
    1986 Current build
    HX35/40 60mm wheel,480cc injectors,nistune, spearco 2-221,6 puck,walbro fp,solid cross and diff,jason motor mounts,poly everywhere else.

Comment

i have an aftermarket boostgauge,it always reads -20 and when i start boostin it will go up alittle but its always on the vacuum side

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: i have an aftermarket boostgauge,it always reads -20 and when i start boostin it will go up alittle but its always on the vacuum side
        Either you dont have a good source or you have a boost leak or your wastegate is busted
        1986 Current build
        HX35/40 60mm wheel,480cc injectors,nistune, spearco 2-221,6 puck,walbro fp,solid cross and diff,jason motor mounts,poly everywhere else.

Comment

the engine has 143,000 miles on it and from driving it and feelin how hard it was boostin after i put the engine in i think the turbo is still good,because it pulled hella hard and for it to just suddenly stop pullin like that i think maybe the boost blew the intake pipe off alittle down by the compressor where i cant see or somethin else in that area,because when i first drove it the clamps werent tightened down enough and when i was done drivin it the whole intake pipe got blown off i was impressed hahahah so ill check in that area because when its at idle i can hear air comin out somewhere in that area

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: i have an aftermarket boostgauge,it always reads -20 and when i start boostin it will go up alittle but its always on the vacuum side
            How can you be boosting if you're still in vacuum? lol Going by your post you already know your problem...
            http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

because i hear and feel the boost hahahah

Comment

Yeah you "hear and feel" it blasting out into the atmosphere...
                http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: the engine has 143,000 miles on it and from driving it and feelin how hard it was boostin after i put the engine in i think the turbo is still good,because it pulled hella hard and for it to just suddenly stop pullin like that i think maybe the boost blew the intake pipe off alittle down by the compressor where i cant see or somethin else in that area,because when i first drove it the clamps werent tightened down enough and when i was done drivin it the whole intake pipe got blown off i was impressed hahahah so ill check in that area because when its at idle i can hear air comin out somewhere in that area
                  if you are going to post here, please use some type of punctuation.. there are two commas in that whole fucking thing.. if you are old enough to have a car then you at least got through middle school. at that level you SHOULD be able to break up thoughts into coherent sentences instead of garbled up stupidity. nobody is looking for a college essay, or even good grammar, but make it readable..

Comment

hahaha my bad bro i was in a hurry

Comment

haha, Grammer police steppin in. Just put a warning in your sig like i have :wink:

Check everything out. Get off the computer

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

hahaha im gonna do that now

Comment

[quote]wilson101 wrote:
                          Originally posted by 87-85turbo
                          i have an aftermarket boostgauge,it always reads -20 and when i start boostin it will go up alittle but its always on the vacuum sideEither you dont have a good source or you have a boost leak or your wastegate is busted
                          Or you have a crap gauge. What brand do you have?
                          Chuck Stong
                          300+ Parts and Performance owner
                          http://www.300-plus.com
                          2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

Also, when you say overheating, how hot did it get? You can also damage the fuel pump by running it dry.
                            Chuck Stong
                            300+ Parts and Performance owner
                            http://www.300-plus.com
                            2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

i have an autometer boost gauge,it overheated a few times and everybody says i have a leaky boost gauge, but i think its a leak because it runs like shit now

Comment

Working...
                              X