• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey Satan

Any idea on this?

...Bolt in the throttle plate is for??

Comment

chronic wrote: ...Bolt in the throttle plate is for??
      Good question. That's something I was telling Satan about in another post. I told him I'd get a pic first chance I got. Creative theories are welcome

Comment

Guy who had the car before you revved the engine up then tossed a bolt into the air intake!
        Thats weird though.

Comment

^that bolt was the first thing i though of when I first saw the pic. What the heck is that thing for?

I cold be off here but I don't recall any bolt, screw or anything in that location on the throttle valve.
          Just stand back and throw money.
          Performance costs money.
          Reliable performance costs more.

Comment

I've never seen one on any throttle body. No ebay TB's, catalogue units, junkyard engine...anything. Its strange.

Maybe he wanted extra rotational weight to close the butterfly quicker!! ...no

Comment

i think the previous owner found a hole in the butterfly and he had nothing to fill it so he made it bigger and put a bolt there.

orrr

it's another way to adjust your idle :lol: :lol: :lol:
              1987 300zx, VG33, Manual, Megasquirt, 450cc, T04,Tial 44mm External WG, ebay IC, crushed dsm blowoff, Apexi AVC-R at 15psi, efan, 3" exhaust with dynomax muffler, LSD.

Comment

must have been the previous owner's attempt at getting more airflow at idle.... the hole I mean... then he realized it didn't work that way
                Attached Files

Comment

Looks JDM to me. prob adds 100 hp

Comment

It's was designed to fall out 2 months after the vehicle warranty expired, causing terminal engine failure. This unit is defective.

Paul

Comment

Looks like some domestic guy did the ghetto IAC mod to the TB, then plugged it when it idled at 3500rpm.
                      86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

Working...
                      X