problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• problem

my car was runnin great except for a small boost leak due to a loose plenum thanks to a friend that rushes through everything,so i took got the plenum off because i was gonna clean the valve covers,so i eaned them and painted and put everything back in and i go to put the intake pipe back into the tb,i notice its really loose so i check down by the compressor part of the intake pipe,i found out the my frend really rushes through things because the little orange silicone piece that sealsthe intake pipe to the compressor had fallen apart and my friend never replaced it.

Iwas like aww no big deal ill replace it tommorow so i take that off and put the intake pipe on the compressor without athe silicone and its loose as hell,but i wasnt plannin on drivin it i just need to move it out of my garage and down the street,i go to start it and it barely starts and cant stay at idle,i start it up again and try to give it gas and it just completely shuts off,i do this a fews timesmore and it shuts off everytime i hit the gas,then i started it up again and got out real quick before it shut off and went to rev it on the tb and heard like a puffing sound,so i know this is happening because the orange silicone isnt on there but i wanna be sure thats the reason or do you guys think it could be more than and where can i find this orange silicone piece i need one badly,i was late and on my way to work when i wrote this sorry guys but thanks peace my nigs
    87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

yeahh .. you know you don't only have to write on this board , i'm no scientist but i think this should be in the repairs section :lol: .

as for your question , AFAIK your car should still run even if it has a vacuum leak , have you tried disconecting the AFM ? if you only need to move the car down the street it may work.. you won't be able to rev it that high or really drive the car but for moving it around under its own power it may work i think.

Comment

its weird because as soon as i hit the gas it shuts off, im thinkin to much air for the ecu

Comment

do you guys think a hardware store would carry that little orange rubber piece,or where would i find that thanks guys

Comment

thanks man appreciate it

Comment

The grammar/punctuation in your signiture is nowhere near college level, just to let you know....

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

Comment

thanks smartass hahaha

Comment

duct tape fixes everything........... :lol:

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: have you tried disconecting the AFM ? if you only need to move the car down the street it may work.. you won't be able to rev it that high or really drive the car but for moving it around under its own power it may work i think.
                  Yep, do that so it will run halfway decent in order to move it around.
                  imagination is a virtue

Comment

matthunter1448 wrote: duct tape fixes everything........... :lol:
                    half a roll holds 24 psi

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
                    good thing....

Comment

its coo guys, i forgot to mention that i moved it last night by pushing it in the rain hahahah,thanks though ill try that next time if i need to move it

Comment

[quote]autoworkZ wrote:
                        Originally posted by matthunter1448
                        duct tape fixes everything........... :lol:
                        half a roll holds 24 psi
                        and melts and becomes all gooey in the process of holding boost too.

I would just get a bicycle innertube and cut it open and wrap it around the outlet of the turbo and then somhow slide the pipe over that.
                        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

satan you always got some great answer that is worth trying, thanks man ill try that i would never have thought of that hahaha

Comment

I found a great plumbing piece that fit in there perfect. OSH for the win

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

whats the piece called and how much was it,i tryed the dealer they wanted 28 for it, i was like naw man im coo fuck that, 28 bucks for a little piece of rubber
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X