No announcement yet.

oil cooler and remote oil filter

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

zmech wrote: Actually the auto trans does not run more pressure through the cooler than your oil pump will. That is the reason not to use the cooler in the radiator for the engine. It will eventually blow...
    Why does the OE have 200psi rated hoses installed for an auto trans cooler then? I have seen many of "regular" coolant hose style blowout when used on a trans oil cooler line.
    Shiro Special # 981 Being assembled in my spare time Chromoly acquired!
    Originally posted by BoostedMamma
    Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

Comment

zmech wrote: Damn good question! One that I cannot answer and will not guess. I will look into it more.

OK. I looked at auto trans pressures. WOW. I am wrong. My bad! Seems that autos put out up to 200psi at times. Just seems to weird that my Toyota uses some really cheap squeeze clamps for the trans cooler.
        Sorry about my bad info Jason.
        Not a prob... I thought you may know something I didn't :lol: . I wasn't positive myself, honestly. ops: I was thinking that maybe nissan transmissions might have some sort of pressure relief so that the lines didn't get much pressure.
        Heads up makes teh panties drop. BUT I don't have a penis OR a fast car, so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

Comment

THANKS !!!:-D

Comment

I saw mention of pressure drop in this discussion...

Give me an idea of pressure drop on a large (10x16x1.5) tube/fin trans cooler. Like 5psi?
            "produce first.talk second."

Comment

How would i do a set up if i wanted to run a filter relocation,a cooler and have a turbo feed line after the filter?I want a new set up like this because before i had a feed line coming from where the oil sender was and apparently a small shaving got to the turbo and destroyed the bearings.So i want a feed line after the filter.
              "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

"Nitrous doesn't blow up motors; Idiots with nitrous blow up motors."

Shooting for 500whp

Comment

onefast87-Do you know approximatley how much hose it took you to run the relocator and cooler?Also may i ask what hose you are using?Did you make them yourself or did you buy some universal kit?
                "If your car cant do a burnout from a 60mph rolling start, then your engine needs more work."

Shooting for 500whp

Comment

How many of you have the radiator set up like that on the hood latch bar.... I was thinking about getting an aftermarket and doing that but wasnt sure how the airflow was?
                  1989 300ZX 2+2 N/A GLL
                  Auto to Manual Swap
                  NA2T Complete

Comment

I have it and dont have one problem cooling wise.

Shooting for 500whp

Comment

Shady195 wrote: How many of you have the radiator set up like that on the hood latch bar.... I was thinking about getting an aftermarket and doing that but wasnt sure how the airflow was?
                      I have my afco in about the same place and I don't get anywhere near the amount of airflow that I would like. But I know of many cars that run just fine like that.

Comment

i think i've heard of more and more people having cooling problems with that setup as of late... i had 0 problems with my afco rad in that same position with no ducting, but no intercooler either.

I believe with a proper ducting setup (actually sealed onto the cores via foam rubber or the like) will adequately cool most people's setups.

1988 300zxt. gt35, stance, etc. Wheels: Varrstoen ES2 18x9.5 et-13 225/40. 18x10.5 et0 245/40
                        1990 jetta vr6'd

Comment

That radiator with a properly shrouded fan and some reasonably clean ducting in the front will be fine for most street driving. I can tell you from personal experience that it will NOT keep the car cool under track conditions. By track conditions i mean 25 minute sessions of serious road course driving.

This exact radiator with an intercooler, a powerful fan with a nearly full shroud, and front ducting did not keep my 3 liter making 330 horse and 410 torque cool under track condition. When i put in my VG33 which makes 380 horse and 490 torque i used another afco radiator with the same width but 19 inches tall instead of 13. this is the setup:

As you can see, the radiator does not fit vertically, so i mounted it on a bit of an angle. The fan is 16 inches and has a full sheetmetal shroud that is tightly sealed around the whole radiator. There is no ducting in the front of the radiator at all. This setup kept my car at totally normal temps for full track sessions throughout the course of an 85 degree day.

Comment

http://www.maxspeed-motorsports.com/rem ... ooler.html

this is where i bought my kit from, it was a ready to go kit. 1 on the hoses is a little too long, but i can live with it.

Two 5ft (60 inches) hoses and one 3.4ft (40 inches) are included.
                            http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

Working...
                            X