turbo intake setups

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• turbo intake setups

has anyone here been able to fit up a decent intake to a compressor with a 4 inch inlet WITHOUT relocating the engine mount or making a through-mount setup? i looked through this section of your site, jason, but i was unsure as to the sizes people had. it would be really really helpful if you could add the type of compressor housing used.. thanks

I would be interested in a more detailed post on this as well. Even if it were for the current setup on Jason's car using the poly mounts and pass through design. Has anyone posted any details on just how much flow restriction is added by opting for the more easy route, aka cobra head?
    2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

ya im wondering the same myself, this is the only thing that has stopped me from buying a holset.
      http://www.youtube.com/user/onefast87

Comment

Just build one of these: http://www.redz31.com/turbofaq/turboinlet/adam88ss2.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the minor air turbulence when you should be putting out 500+hp with that turbo.
        Any sheetmetal shop can build this. Just give them dimensions.
        1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
        2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

Evil Z31 wrote: Just build one of these: http://www.redz31.com/turbofaq/turboinlet/adam88ss2.jpg

I wouldn't worry about the minor air turbulence when you should be putting out 500+hp with that turbo.
          i have one of those for sale if anyone wants.. 80 bucks shipped

Comment

So are you asking: "how do I avoid the bend before the compressor inlet without relocating or modification to the engine mount?"

I think the only reasonable way would then be to reloacte the turbo...

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: So are you asking: "how do I avoid the bend before the compressor inlet without relocating or modification to the engine mount?"

I'm pretty sure that would be the only resonable way to do it. You gotta have the motor mount and you gotta have an inlet to the turbo... relocate the turbo.

Modifying the engine mount is not very hard at all though. I dont just mean for me, I mean generally anyone with a brain.
              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

[quote]Chris86NA2T wrote:
                Originally posted by Evil Z31
                Just build one of these: http://www.redz31.com/turbofaq/turboinlet/adam88ss2.jpg

Just curious, why are you selling yours? Have you moved the turbo mounting position, or modified the engine mount? Did not like the performance of this unit?
                2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: So are you asking: "how do I avoid the bend before the compressor inlet without relocating or modification to the engine mount?"

Jason: Your current setup uses your poly engine mount in conjunction with a modified engine mount bracket correct? Have you considered selling this modified bracket? If interested in selling one, PM me, thanks.

Comment

[quote]CAG8OR wrote: [quote=Chris86NA2T]
                    Originally posted by Evil Z31

Just curious, why are you selling yours? Have you moved the turbo mounting position, or modified the engine mount? Did not like the performance of this unit?
                    well its designed to fit a stock turbo.. my current turbo has a 3 inch inlet and my new turbo will have a 4 inch inlet... and it is already a very tight fit with the engine mount bracket with a stock turbo.. plus it doesnt fit nice with my IC pipes. im not using it right now, its been sitting around for a while..

Comment

[quote]SATAN wrote:
                      Originally posted by Jason84NA2T
                      So are you asking: "how do I avoid the bend before the compressor inlet without
                      Originally posted by Jason84NA2T
                      relocating or modification to the engine mount?"

I'm pretty sure that would be the only resonable way to do it. You gotta have the motor mount and you gotta have an inlet to the turbo... relocate the turbo.

Modifying the engine mount is not very hard at all though. I dont just mean for me, I mean generally anyone with a brain.
                      im not worried about the work involved.. i just have a shit welder that sucks at thick steel. if someone found an easy solution i wouldnt have to worry about doing the work at a friends shop with his welder and on his schedule.

Comment

Working...
                      X