No announcement yet.

anyone know approximate PTV clearance?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone know approximate PTV clearance?

I have 270/270 .480"/.480" cams, and I am about to buy a set of pistons. does anyone know off hand if I have enough Piston To Valve clearance for 9.0:1 flat tops?

I would hate to trial and error the cost of pistons and rings.

thanks guys
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

Can you post the camcard or just the overlap number and lift at .050" so I can figure the rest?

You should be fine if you get pistons with stock-sized and placed valve recesses. Usually you only get contact if the cam degreeing is way off, but with a grind that big you're probably cutting down the clearance a lot and are right to ask...

Comment

I got the cams from tempestas before he went awol on us. I do not know the lsa or overlap. I know clearance will be very tight and with stock valve springs I do not want to play games with timing. I have not clayed a vg30 before but I figure around .08-.1 less clearance at the highest point over stock as it is with the duration and lift. I wish I knew how fast it ramped. If I had money I would upgrade valve springs and retainers as well, but thats later, fuel is slightly more important to me at the moment
      Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

Comment

Working...
      X