No announcement yet.

Building fuel rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I agree with satan, unless that was your umteenth time doing it and you have a bridgeport or something and every tool and all materials and EVERYTHING at your fingertips, a good job just takes longer than that. Especially with a polished finish. From scratch that is.

Comment

Comment

[quote]zmech wrote: [quote=SATAN]
        Originally posted by StreetFighter
        Damn... it only took me about two hours to make mine... and it was my first time.

Ross machine racing fuel rail stock, 3/8 inch initial hole, followed by a 1/2 inch hole (not all the way to the middle though) 1000 grit, followed by 2000 grit to "polish" any sort of scaring from the mill work.

The injector bosses are 110mm apart on the stock lower manifold... 600cc injectors are ready to feed my beast.
        Not with polishing it didnt, Why do you try to convince every one that you are super man and can do car fabrication at impossible speeds all the time? I dont get it. what are you trying to prove? I promis it took you longer than 2 hours to make them. :roll:

So you are saying you can make two of these, in two hours? BULL SHIT
        Wow Satan! Those are hella nice. Better looking my junk that I am building.
        Yeah and I didnt do it in no 2 bull shit hours either. But thank you!
        Attached Files
        85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
        04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

I didn't polish the outsides... just smoothed out the inside bore for the O ring to seat.

I have a full shop with a mill and a ton of tools. I'm not trying to impress anyone, this is what I do for a living. I hope I'm decent at this kind of stuff... otherwise I should be looking for another job.

Without a shop this would have easily taken twice as long.
          86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

i dont care how long it takes but that fuel rail satan showed in that pic is fuckin beautiful,i hope one of you smart ass dudes make some and start sellin them because ill be your first customer :P
            87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

I second that........someone make me some
              Who are you to tell me my uninformed opinion is wrong?!?!?

Expert: He who has made all the mistakes there is to make in a given field.

Comment

Don't worry... They're on the way. A little while back I ordered enough length of fuel rail stock to make 15 sets. I should get started on machining them in a little while.

Comment

You should offer different types of stock. Polished is nice, but there is the other type that has "louvers" around it to dissipate heat. Helps cool down the fuel that the pump heats up.
                  1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
                  2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

Evil Z31 wrote: You should offer different types of stock. Polished is nice, but there is the other type that has "louvers" around it to dissipate heat. Helps cool down the fuel that the pump heats up.
                    it's called a heatsink , and i think it would be more for looks than anything else ... but i don't know shit about fuel rails ....

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: Don't worry... They're on the way. A little while back I ordered enough length of fuel rail stock to make 15 sets. I should get started on machining them in a little while.
                      I know that I want a set, go ahead and put me on the list! :lol:
                      2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

polished or heatsink i dont give a shit hahahha,anythings better than the stock fuel rails
                        87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: polished or heatsink i dont give a shit hahahha,anythings better than the stock fuel rails
                          HA! Agreed.

I could make my own rails using my buddies machine shop OR I could spend a little more cash and save myself the time/trouble as well as supporting the Z community.

Comment

I didn't mean to piss anyone off... sorry if I did.

I didn't polish my rails yet, but to mill the holes and weld on the -6 fittings it took me about two hours because I messed one up (I'm still getting used to the mill). Sanding and polishing the outsides of the rails will probably take another 45 minutes to an hour, and making the brackets and welding them to the stock lower will take another 30-45 minutes.

If Jason is making rails... I'd jump all over that. Jason's work and quality are top notch.

Here are some pics of the rails I made (today actually)

86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

I have aluminum fuel rail and I had to trim the lower manifold for it to fit.

Comment

Looks good to me. Nice work streetfigther

Comment

Working...
                                X