Building fuel rails

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Building fuel rails

I'm buying some rail stock, but wanted to know from those who have done it......Will the new rails fit under the stock IM with topfeed low imp. injectors?
    1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
    2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Yes, you need to trim the tabs for the lower intake upper flange off though. Otherwise the rail wont fit there.

I am working on fuel rails...

Comment

So it can just be grinded down a little? Is it visible once everything is put together?

I can get 2' of stock for $20. And my local guy will drill/weld it dirt cheap. I have a 3/8" thread tap.

Until I get the ECU and higher flowing injectors together, I'm thinking about throwing in a set of Ford 24lb injectors to match the stockers temporarily. Those are a dime a dozen.

Comment

the injector holes have to be perfect.. make sure that your local guy isnt some jerk off with a craftsman benchtop drill press. if you are off with those holes you will have a very hard time getting the injectors to seal to the manifold.. furthermore, the holes have to be honed out to make a nice seal with new O-ring injectors.. any scarring from the drill bits and you will tear the O-rings and leak fuel. not good. PM me for detailed pics of my setup if you are looking for some direction.. also check out rick88ss.. i think he had some nice pictures of his setup on his cardomain site.. oh, jason is dead on about those little tabs.. you will see them the first time you hold up a piece of fuel rail stock to the manifold.. less than a minute each with a grinder and they are gone.. have fun with the project..

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: I am working on fuel rails...

Comment

I already had my shop guy make me a rail for my other car. It came out awesome, and clean on the inside.

I guess this will give me a good reason to buy a diegrinder.

Comment

Comment

Jason84NA2T wrote: I am working on fuel rails...
                Time to save up again!
                Matte Black 86T - Sold

Comment

Comment

WarOnFlesh wrote: there have been at least a half-dozen people that are "going to make fuel rails" in the years i've had my Z31. I have asked 1sickZ, ellisautoworks, thespecshop, engloid all to make rails for the Z31, all have said they are defenitly going to do a mass run *soon* here it is 6 years later and nothing.
                    Well if anyone is going to make them I would think Jason would actually do it. I would do it but I would charge a lot for it because it is a specialty item and charging the 130 or whatever people were charging makes you very little money compared to time invested. I wouldnt sell them for less that $250/pair for mill finish or $300/pair for polished.
                    85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                    04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

WarOnFlesh wrote: there have been at least a half-dozen people that are "going to make fuel rails" in the years i've had my Z31. I have asked 1sickZ, ellisautoworks, thespecshop, engloid all to make rails for the Z31, all have said they are defenitly going to do a mass run *soon* here it is 6 years later and nothing.
                      Looks like someone has in Australia

Have a look down the bottom of the page.

http://www.injectorsonline.com/indivprod.php?c=2

Comment

I could ask my machinist if he would make them for you guys. I'm sure he would as long as there's enough interest. I haven't been here long enough to know.
                        I'm positive it wouldn't be any more than $250 for the pair.

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Damn... it only took me about two hours to make mine... and it was my first time.

Ross machine racing fuel rail stock, 3/8 inch initial hole, followed by a 1/2 inch hole (not all the way to the middle though) 1000 grit, followed by 2000 grit to "polish" any sort of scaring from the mill work.

The injector bosses are 110mm apart on the stock lower manifold... 600cc injectors are ready to feed my beast.
                            86 hardtop shell, 93 SC300 engine, 95 soarer bellhousing, 91 supra transmission, 95 Q45 differential hubs and driver's side axle, 1992 300ZX turbo driver side axle and calipers, 2004 350Z Rotors, 87 300ZX front end/hood, 1999 Viper radiator, 1992 Mustang throttle body. Lots of glue and tape to keep it all together.

Comment

StreetFighter wrote: Damn... it only took me about two hours to make mine... and it was my first time.

Ross machine racing fuel rail stock, 3/8 inch initial hole, followed by a 1/2 inch hole (not all the way to the middle though) 1000 grit, followed by 2000 grit to "polish" any sort of scaring from the mill work.

The injector bosses are 110mm apart on the stock lower manifold... 600cc injectors are ready to feed my beast.
                              Not with polishing it didnt, Why do you try to convince every one that you are super man and can do car fabrication at impossible speeds all the time? I dont get it. what are you trying to prove? I promis it took you longer than 2 hours to make them. :roll:

So you are saying you can make two of these, in two hours? BULL SHIT
                              85 Z31 6.0 LSX turbo 766whp/792wtq
                              04 GTO, LS6, big cam, porting, N20... underway for summertime daily driver.

Comment

Working...
                              X