bigger radiator

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bigger radiator

I need a bigger radiator. Does any one know where can a I find a larger than stock radiator or know the dimensions to have one custom made?

Why do you think you need a bigger radiator? :?:

Comment

maybe his car grew a size over winter and it doesn't fit anymore

Comment

I would see it as being quite hard to make something fit that's any larger than a stock dual core. Maybe if you made it a little shorter and an inch or so thicker?

Here are the stock radiator specs. Compare it to other units, you may have to get one custom made; I know Afco does this for a reasonable price.

Radiator Dimensions:
        Core Size: 16 1/8" x 25 3/8" x 1 1/4"
        Top header: 1 1/2" x 25 5/8"
        Bottom header: 1 1/2" x 25 5/8"
        Inlet kneck diameter: 1 3/16"
        Outlet kneck diameter: 1 3/16"
        Rows: 2
        Mount type: Bracket/Pin Mount
        Distance between transmission oil cooler fittings: 11 3/4"
        Construction: Copper/Brass

Comment

my rad is out of a 5-speed so it doesnt have the tranny oil cooler fittings on it , sooo it doesnt use some of the core for oil cooling , making it better by any margin???

and if you are having troubles with your car overheating then there may be sopmething wrong with the cooling system . unless you are running high rpms for long periods of time i dont see why you should have an issue.

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: my rad is out of a 5-speed so it doesnt have the tranny oil cooler fittings on it , sooo it doesnt use some of the core for oil cooling , making it better by any margin???

and if you are having troubles with your car overheating then there may be sopmething wrong with the cooling system . unless you are running high rpms for long periods of time i dont see why you should have an issue.
            The trans cooler is just a little dinky thing that sits in the bottom endtank of the radiator... it's more or less a tiny heat exchanger between engine coolant and trans fluid.

I've run my car at WOT with 22PSI for over 30 seconds... a new "stock replacement" turbo radiator. I never saw the temp move much more than a couple MM of the needle.

Comment

yeah , how much power are you making at 22psi? . your dyno runs were at 16psi right?

Comment

I believe Mark86T on this site had an all aluminium radiator made with the stock or possibly slightly larger than stock dimensions. It installs the same as the stock unit.

Comment

EDM turbo radiator.

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: yeah , how much power are you making at 22psi? . your dyno runs were at 16psi right?
                    Who knows... the dyno runs were with 15.8PSI. So much has changed since then. It was slipping the 6 puck at 24 PSI and 19-20 degrees on race gas, so probably somewhere around 440-460rwhp and similar torque. Considering I am running stock ignition, and stock cooling (less e-fan) I think I can say Nissan likes to over-build some of their systems from the factory. If only they had been so kind with the fuel system.

Comment

Andrevas wrote: EDM turbo radiator.
                      Is this any better than the USDM turbo radiator?

Comment

the car is going to be used for road racing and it will need a bigger radiator. the car didn' grow

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote:
                          Originally posted by Andrevas
                          EDM turbo radiator.
                          Is this any better than the USDM turbo radiator?
                          it's supposed to be something like 10% more efficient because of high speed autobahn use

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/ ... o_radiator

Comment

only $400! :shock: I think most people would sooner go for a custom made unit that would probably outperform it...

Comment

MikeZ wrote: I believe Mark86T on this site had an all aluminium radiator made with the stock or possibly slightly larger than stock dimensions. It installs the same as the stock unit.
                              I do indeed have a custom made radiator. About twice as thick as stock, same overall width & length. All aluminum. Crossflow. Spal fan cools it. Here in Vegas I autocross and do track days. Temp gauge never goes over 190. Normal driving it never goes above 180. Then fan kicks on & drops temp to 165. The whole set up runs about $400-$500 for radiator, Spal fan, all wiring, relay, temp switch to mount in radiator, and pipe to cross over radiator. I got mine for free (can you say FREEBIE!!) as I was the development car. Can't beat free. I can get info. on it if anyone is interested. There is a downside to using it. If you are using the Spearco I/C or run your piping under front bumper/over radiator this radiator won't work for you. I had to cut the bumper mounting bracket/hood latch half off to get the piping to run. PITA. It works though. It also made me remove my A/C so I could adjust the I/C piping. No need for A/C on the track, right?

378whp 445wtq
                              http://mark86t.zmobiledetailing.com/.../v/Black+Hole/

Z Mobile Detailing, Las Vegas, NV

Comment

Working...
                              X