Greddy/Trust Inconel Turbo Headers - Mounting Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greddy/Trust Inconel Turbo Headers - Mounting Issue

I own a truly rare beast. I only saw them once on E-bay and had to buy them. Upon receipt, they were a dissapointment. They will not bolt directly onto our heads. Two of the four bolt holes are off. I have included pictures below with a exhaust manifold gasket laying on top of them. Also, because of their special material it is hard to find someone to modifiy them. After many discussions it appears that they were originally off of a smaller JDM only V6. We had this discussion a few years back and I don't remember the displacement, but it was small around 2.6L. Anyway, that does not matter to me now, I simply want to get these on my car. I am wanting to get a few opinions on the best way to go about making these work. Should I simply slot the two holes that are off at the machine shop? Should I have a completely new header flange welded on? Please post your opinions.

2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Slotting is seems like a pretty good idea

Terrible idea putting those wheels on...

Comment

thats what i would do, slotting for the win!!!

Exercising my constitutional right to be awesome

1.5.2. Podium winning cars do NOT need to be running at the checkered flag
      good thing....

Comment

no no no! what you should do is let me have them! :wink:

yeah slotting with a dremel and some type of rock or something abrasive on the tip shouldnt be too hard

Comment

take better pics those look like penis envy in a box

Comment

hmm wasnt stevez31 going to make some of those tubular manifolds???somebody should make some molds or whatever they do for mani's and save all of the hassle in making some one-off headers......im sure there would be some demand for these if the price wasnt outrageous...

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: hmm wasnt stevez31 going to make some of those tubular manifolds???somebody should make some molds or whatever they do for mani's and save all of the hassle in making some one-off headers......im sure there would be some demand for these if the price wasnt outrageous...
              Yea ill be making some in the Fall, it would be easy for me to make a Jig and build some to sell but I dont think there would be a market for them as the Manifolds I am building will mount the Turbo up front, Delete AC & PS. And they will be costly I cant say how much but just to give you an idea the 2 Burns Stainless 321 SS Slip fit 3-1 collectors I am using ran $350 a piece.
              2005 whore magnet

Comment

yea but they are going to be shiny and pretty right?? ss ???you shouldnt just throw away the "jig" if you do make it , you never know maybe later on somebody can buy this jig off you

Comment

um why would you delete the ps? the belt will get in the way or what?

Comment

2+2turbo wrote: yea but they are going to be shiny and pretty right?? ss ???

SteveZ31 wrote:
                    321 SS
                    2005 whore magnet

Comment

G-E wrote: um why would you delete the ps? the belt will get in the way or what?
                      The Merge will be taking up some of the space where the pump used to be, and I was getting rid of it anyway so it doesnt bother me
                      2005 whore magnet

Comment

For the last 18 months my friend Danny and I were trying to get these reproduced, but with stainless istead of inconel. We could not garner enough interest to justify the price. Granted we are old guys and things don't move very fast with us. Projects seem to sit around forever. Even with a group buy of ten units, the price was still nearly $2,000.00. Trying to find ten people willing to spend $2,000.00 on a set of headers is nearly impossible. After all, you really don't need them to generate more horsepower than you will ever need on the street. I will post a few more pics for anyone that is interested.

2006 & 2007 Basketball National Champions! 2005, 6, & 7 Basketball SEC Champions! 2006 Football National Champions! 2006 Football SEC Champions! 2008 SEC Champions! 2008 Football National Champions! First University in history to capture three titles in a single year! I was there at all of them, and it was awesome! Go Gators!

Comment

I dont know what the big draw is with those, the crossover totally eliminates any benefits the manifold would yield. the only upside is the spot for external gate which isnt that big of a deal, I would bet there is little no gains in spool time or power comparing this and the stocker
                          2005 whore magnet

Comment

there is a velocity benefit to having collectors like that, and it will reduce backpressure a tiny bit

I agree having 3 smaller diameter pipes cross over at the back would be nice, but having 6 pipes merge into a turbo would not be feasible unless they were all very narrow like 1-1/8

but $2000 ?? what do you think stevie, you said starting cost would be 600-700 so the end price would be like what 1500 ?

Comment

G-E wrote:
                              but $2000 ?? what do you think stevie, you said starting cost would be 600-700 so the end price would be like what 1500 ?
                              $700 for the two Slip Fit Collectors alone
                              $100 for head flanges I am having machined
                              $150-$200 for J-Bends, doughnuts, U-Bends, whatever
                              $100 All nessesary V-Band, Wastegate(s) & Turbo Flanges

Thats 1050 for materials at least

Depends on how long it takes me to fabricate
                              2005 whore magnet

Comment

Working...
                              X