Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Question about oil feed line (w/ picture)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Question about oil feed line (w/ picture)

So, I have run an oil feed line for my hx35 setup and am leery about the bends that had to be put in the line. My shop was telling me something about not making the hose do the bends but rather have the fittings do so. I don’t think that there should be a problem with this setup, seeing that the bends in the hose are no tighter than the bends in the 90 degree fittings, but it isn't something I want to risk. Anyway, here is a picture of the setup. I have made an imaginary red line where the oil line goes. (Yes, I plan on using an EBC but if I don't have the money when its time to put the motor back in, the MBC will do for now):

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

As long as the hose isn't crimped or pinched it should be fine.

Comment

braided AN type hose has bend radius specifications. AN 4 is usually around 2 inches depending on the manufacturer.. my understanding is that if you make a circle with the hose it should have at least a 2 inch radius. thats a pretty tight bend, i dont think you will have a problem at all with what you are doing.. the guy that said to use the fittings to make the bends was totally right, however. it allows for shorter lengths of hose and usually a cleaner look. you could probably use 2 90 degree hose ends and have a nice short clean piece of hose to make the connection.

Comment

It looks like you already have 2 90's on there. And you're not bending it much at all, so it looks fine to me. However, I would use a zip tie to fasten it down. You don't want it to bounce anywhere and eat through things. Braided hose will eat ANYTHING.
        1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
        2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

Evil Z31 wrote: It looks like you already have 2 90's on there. And you're not bending it much at all, so it looks fine to me. However, I would use a zip tie to fasten it down. You don't want it to bounce anywhere and eat through things. Braided hose will eat ANYTHING.
          "My SS braided oil feed line ate my homework.." lmao
          Attached Files

Comment

good thing mine isn't stainless, right?

Comment

Damn i like where you mounted your mbc,what kind is that?i just ordered the one from boostvalve.com and i think ill be mounting mine there aswell thanks for the pics man
              87 2by2 na2turbo,AE shell comin soon

Comment

I agree, the bend radius looks fine.

87-85turbo wrote: Damn i like where you mounted your mbc,what kind is that?i just ordered the one from boostvalve.com and i think ill be mounting mine there aswell thanks for the pics man
                So true, a very easily accessable location to make the hoses as short as possible. I like.... And there's nothing really wrong with manual controllers; they're just less 'fun'.

Comment

87-85turbo wrote: Damn i like where you mounted your mbc,what kind is that?i just ordered the one from boostvalve.com and i think ill be mounting mine there aswell thanks for the pics man
                  It is a cheap ebay one. It cost me 12 dollars or so. It was a pain in the ass to get it set at 11psi for my last car, but once it was there, I never had a problem with it.

Off topic: did you get that part i sent you?

Comment

ya i got it,but i think because you folded it the outlet piece that keeps it from gettin sucked in the intake pipe is fallin apart,its cool though man im gonna start my ic project next week anyway so i don't even need it anymore hahahaa thanks though man

Comment

[quote]Jason84NA2T wrote: I agree, the bend radius looks fine.

Originally posted by 87-85turbo
                      Damn i like where you mounted your mbc,what kind is that?i just ordered the one from boostvalve.com and i think ill be mounting mine there aswell thanks for the pics man
                      So true, a very easily accessable location to make the hoses as short as possible. I like.... And there's nothing really wrong with manual controllers; they're just less 'fun'.
                      where do you have your bc mounted?

Comment

Working...
                      X