Any experience with GT3076R?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any experience with GT3076R?

I am about to have my motor back from the machine shop. MSA turbo cams Stage 2, JE Z32 .020 over forged pistons and rods, and flywheel.
    I am looking for about 400+ hp dailydriver. I have been eyeing the Garret GT3076R, 76 compressor with .84 or 1.02 A/R choices for exhuast. It is essentailly the same as the HKS GT3037. It has great flow values for low boost, about 10-18 psi. If I run say 14 psi, it never falls out the sweet spot on the compressor map up till 6500 rpm.

http://www.turbobygarrett.com/turbobyga ... 382_12.htm

I was wondering has anybody run this turbo on their Z31? Any fitment issues? It has 3" inlet, 2.5" outlet on cold side, and 4" out on turbine side with choices of V-band or 4-bolt GT style downpipe fitting.

Any feedback is welcome. Just want to know what other turbos will fit without any clearance issues or manifold issues.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold
    1990 Skyline GT-R...new money pit
    2014 Juke Nismo RS 6-speed...daily

NissanEgg wrote: Any feedback is welcome. Just want to know what other turbos will fit without any clearance issues or manifold issues.
    Most all Turbochargers will fit in the stock location, fitment only becomes an issue when you get into the large frame Garrett GT4X Turbos and the like.

If your looking to make 400+ I would go bigger than the GT3076R
    2005 whore magnet

Comment

SteveZ31 wrote: If your looking to make 400+ I would go bigger than the GT3076R
      agreed. I was looking for 400whp and went conservative with the GT3271 (journal bearing). It spools up like a bat out of hell, but the big power just isn't there (299.8rwhp). I'm going to the GT35R next month, I'd look into this if I were you and save the headache of changing turbos multiple times.
      2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

Hey Signal 12, was that you in the SS at the Florida Z-Fest back in August in Orlando? I was there sporting the stock wheels.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold

Comment

Yea, I remember you to. Alabama plates.

Comment

Yep that was me.

Anybody know where I can get a used good condintion HKS intercooler kit?

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold

Comment

NissanEgg wrote: Yep that was me.

Anybody know where I can get a used good condintion HKS intercooler kit?
              Signal_12 (Mike) told me that he is getting rid of his when he upgrades his turbo.

Comment

MikeZ wrote: Signal_12 (Mike) told me that he is getting rid of his when he upgrades his turbo.
                That's what he told me at the show.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold

Comment

On 2.4L 4 cyl engines we have done 500whp on this GT3076R.

On the 3.0L I would do the GT3582R or bigger

On our SRT-4 we used the GT3071R and made 434whp/441wtq on a dynojet. we trapped 122mph on the strip.
                  Gone - 1988 Shiro
                  2004 BMW 330Ci
                  2005 BMW 330i
                  1991 Twin Turbo Z's (Red and Black)
                  http://www.E46Turbo330Ci.com

Comment

http://www.redz31.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2142

If you want room above 400, definitely go bigger.
                    imagination is a virtue

Comment

NIVO wrote: On 2.4L 4 cyl engines we have done 500whp on this GT3076R.

On the 3.0L I would do the GT3582R or bigger

On our SRT-4 we used the GT3071R and made 434whp/441wtq on a dynojet. we trapped 122mph on the strip.
                      Dayum... I think I am going to go with the GT3076R for now, don't want any crazy power levels. Just shooting for about 400whp. Don't plan on any drag strip encounters, just a street car with attitude.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold

Comment

NissanEgg wrote: Hey Signal 12, was that you in the SS at the Florida Z-Fest back in August in Orlando?
                        Yep, that was me. I'll have my HKS i/c kit up for sale next month. It's in great shape and has a HKS SSQV flange already welded on. I'll let you know when it's off the car.
                        2008 BMW E92 335i 6MT

Comment

a GT30-32 will be fine for your goals.. there are a ton of different cars making 400ish with those turbos, so don't be discouraged by the few you see here.
                          1985 NA2T(now RB) * 1988 SS x2 * 1984 AE x3 * 2006 350Z

Comment

Signal 12 wrote: Yep, that was me. I'll have my HKS i/c kit up for sale next month. It's in great shape and has a HKS SSQV flange already welded on. I'll let you know when it's off the car.
                            ok just hit me up then.

1986 300ZX Turbo...sold

Comment

Working...
                            X