would these injectors work?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• would these injectors work?

Alright, (89T) We came to a conclusion thiers some faulty fuel injectors. So my brother decides to put 88 2+2 injectors in it. I told him they are diiffrent and thier smaller than turbo injectors and he thinks thier the same. By putting these injectors in it will it make the car run correctly?? I understand its not going to get enough fuel at WOT and all that good stuff. But shouldnt it idle at least and go down the road smooth at quarter throttle under zero boost??
    89' Turbo-R.I.P. (scrapped)
    87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X
    07 Frontier XE <----(turd) daily

Bad idea
    imagination is a virtue

Comment

just get some stock turbo injectors that match your ecu impedence.
      Bolt on, fast, z31. You can only pick two.
      Old weaksauce numbers: 391hp/433tq

Comment

http://www.courtesyparts.com/Merchant2/ ... Z31TT-FK03

boost. does a body good!

Comment

Were just doin this to see if the injectors are the problem. This setup is not gonna stay more than a couple hours if that. The motor we got the injecotrs out of is in the process of being built to put in the car, and thier isnt goin to be this setup of coures thiers goin to be aftermarket fuel rails and stuff so we wont need none of this were just tryin to get it running for experience i guess. The motor thats in the car only has 79k its still good were just tryin to get the car running correctly with the motor thats in it.
          87' NA all parts swapped from 89', Stance, 3.3 long block, hx35w, Injector Dynamics 1000cc, isky cams, pathfinder intake, front mount, megasquirt v3.57 w/MS3X

Comment

It will barely run, but it won't drive worth a crap as you will be risking engine damage. It will break up under any kind of load. Driven a car with turbo ECU/NA injectors before, took me a while to diagnose why it was running so amazingly lean.

Comment

There is a junkyard solution...(you're gonna love this)

Get two 270cc injectors from another car. Have one each attached to the banks from the ecu. Mount them to shoot into the throttle body area.

The math is that a turbo ecu can handle 1620cc (270 times 6) of fuel. If you use six NA injectors, that's only 1080cc of fuel. So the two extra 270cc injectors supply the needed fuel.

The two extra injectors will be like a psuedo-carb. The cars closed loop operation would still be functional since the car is metering the correct amount of fuel.

I was actually thinking about this for a dual fuel setup. The two extra injectors would actually be for E85 and the NA injectors just to run gasoline. It would need seperate fuel tanks, pumps, etc. And E85 is not that cheap so its not worth it. To use E85, the injectors would need to be about double. Four 270cc or two 540cc.
              Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

I've thought of the same thing but why would you ever consider e85? at that point might as well use washer fluid

and yes the ecu has two drivers so if you hook up two extra injectors - one per bank - you do get proportional fueling

if you have a pre-recall firing order then placing the injector as close to the bank as possible but still behind the throttle is fairly simple, if you have the post-recall order then the cylinders are all mixed up and the rear cylinders will get less fuel unless you can divide the airflow like the maxima plenum

Comment

Between my business and full time job, I drive quite a bit. When gas was 3 bucks a gal, E85 was looking OK. Now that gasoline has dropped, its tolerable.

But my state is going on a E85 push. If the price could drop to a buck or 1.50 a gallon, I may do a E85 conversion such as this on a vg30 car. I am just getting sick of beiong jerked around by the energy thugs.

Here's a E85 website. E85 is not washer fluid.

http://e85vehicles.com/e85/index.php

I wonder if injecting the extra injector E85 directly into a turbo may also be fun. Sort of cool it down and atomize the E85.
                  Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

E85 is no good, I'd never put that shit in my Z. Over here we're paying the US equivalent of $4 per gallon and that's actually cheap as it used to be closer to $5 and I'd still never use that crap.

If you want better fuel economy get a bike or buy a 1L 4 banger...
                    http://youtube.com/c/zcartube

Comment

dont run the N/A injectors, as everyone is mentioning your asking for serious engine damage

and E85 is a joke on many levels.. here on the east US coast alot of stations in the citys add 10% ethanol to the fuel and i can tell a difference that im not too fond of

ill run the stuff in my truck, but ethanol for my Z? no

Comment

If na injectors are 160cc, and turbo inj. are 259cc, then there would be no way to bump up the fuel pressure enough to match them.
                        I'm surprised the motor could even turn on.
                        1987 300ZX Turbo - http://www.z31performance.com/forum/vie ... php?t=3114
                        2001 Tiburon Turbo 60-1 270whp/268tq

No cupholders? Where am I gonna put my beer????

Comment

NA injectors are 180cc? And turbo 269cc?
                          Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

I also was thinking that if one were to run 2 extra injectors, instead of just using the banks of the ecu (which would stress it a bit), an ignition triggered pulse width scheme could be hatched.

By that I mean that each of the 2 extra injectors is shot three times as often, but that the actual pulse width is 1/3 what the stock NA injectors is seeing.

Basically it would work by sensing the ignition firing event and then opening and closing the injector 1/3 of the time that the NA in jectors are opening and closing. It would be proportional then.

This pulsed approach could allow a timed synchronization with the actual valve openings (given some engineering). So part of the fuel charge has more time to atomize and mix with the air steam. At very short pulse widths of the stock NA injectors, there may be a problem getting the extra injectors to open such a minimal amount of time.

I still like having some of the fuel directly shot onto the intake valve. This is still needed in my opinion.
                            Try not to be a Yahoo

Comment

were only tryin to get it running for about 15min if that. IF we turn the aeramotive FPR to 40 would that help a little. were ryin to get the car to start up and idle a little.

Comment

Working...
                              X