How to Remove Turbo-Auto oil cooler without losing chk valve

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to Remove Turbo-Auto oil cooler without losing chk valve

i cannot find replacement lines for this 86t i bought. no lines came with the car.

is it possible to install the 5sp check valve? I cannot see how it should come out.

thanks
    Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

http://z31.com/fiche/2/j05.gif

just remove the oil cooler sandwich adapter by using a socket wrench to unscrew the stud from the block. If you look at it with the oil filter removed you will know what I'm talking about. Use adjustable pliers to install a standard oil filter stud being careful not to damage the threads too much.
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
    2000 Porsche Boxster
    2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

I used some vise grips and two thin peices of wood to tighten mine in without damaging the threads (and get it out of the old block for that matter). Just a tip....

440whp on pump fuel and the STOCK MAF

Comment

removing the adapter i understand, but if i do that, i lose the pressure check valve that opens if the filter gets stopped up.
        Nearly all men can stand adversity, but if you want to test a mans character make him a moderator.

Comment

I'm pretty sure the pressure check valve isn't apart of the sandwich adapter at all.
          [strike:ff0tp92h]1984 300ZXT[/strike:ff0tp92h]
          [strike:ff0tp92h]1986 300ZX 2x2 NA2T[/strike:ff0tp92h]
          2000 Porsche Boxster
          2007 Toyota Yaris

Comment

bemis wrote: I'm pretty sure the pressure check valve isn't apart of the sandwich adapter at all.
            The pressure relief valve is... if it's a turbo auto block then it's only in the adapter and not in the block.

Comment

Just buy a check valve and install it in the block. I have some in stock as it is part of the z31 oiling conversion I do on the vg33's that I sell.
              Chuck Stong
              300+ Parts and Performance owner
              http://www.300-plus.com
              2002 ZCOT president and always active member

Comment

ok cool, thanks guys. next big project is for my other z31. forged piston 3.3 from the above poster. :twisted:

Comment

Working...
                X